James S Thompson MD Patient Reviews

2.8
  • 7 reviews

December 2nd, 2015
I found him to be arrogant and dismissive and rude. lengthy credentials over a vast amount of time...maybe it's time to hang it up.

August 31st, 2015
I found him to be dismissive and basically rude. I had a cyst on my finger which her drained by puncturing it without warning and letting me know that it would hurt . When it came back and we discussed surgery - i was told that I needed to amke an appointment to come in to make an appointment - $ for him and out of my pocket for a copay for nothing.

August 20th, 2015
Never got seen
Waited an hour for a 10 a.m. appt and was told at that point there were 6 patients ahead of me. I left. I don't do business with anyone this disorganized and disrespectful of my time.

April 10th, 2015
Surgeons are sometimes Curt
Dr Thompson would not be described as "warm & fuzzy" - unfortunately very stiff - but a very competent surgeon and successfully operated and remedied 2 O.R.'s - a De Quervains Release and a Carpal Tunnel. I'm pleased, but had to swallow his "Style"

August 15th, 2013
Awful Bedside Manner
My husband crushed his hand in a work accident, breaking all four bones in the back of his hand, and Dr Thompson performed the surgery a few days later. He originally told us he was going to place a plate and screws on one of the fingers because it was broken so badly. But during the surgery, he changed his mind and decided to go the easier route and put a pin in it instead. Now, almost 2 years later, my husband still has absolutely no feeling in his pinky and can barely move it. Dr Thompson has a serious God-complex and an absolutely awful bedside manner. Oh and to top it all off, he gave me husband a 10% impairment rating for Workers Comp (the lowest possible) even though he is in constant pain and has difficulty with even the simplest things because of his hand.

October 12th, 2012
Poor surgical outcome and very poor followup
i went to this physician in 2006 to have some work on right hand so i could continue working; i have been unable to work a day; went to large medical center and got a bad report; i am a registered nurse and really needed my right hand to continue working; the surgical outcome has had a major impact on my life; i would not recommend this physician to anyone;

April 6th, 2012
Doctor determined that husband could go back to work only a week after amputation of 3 fingers. He still has same bandgage and doctor did not even xray hand. Wait to go back to a room was over an hour and then another 30 minutes in the room.