A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Salem:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Salem, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Diabetes Complications
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Thyroid Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Salem graduated from Northeastern Ohio Universities, Rootstown.
Dr. Salem has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Summa Health Systems Hospitals
- Akron General Woman's Care
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Salem accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 9 plans
- Anthem - 12 plans
- Buckeye Community Health Plan - 2 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- Humana - 10 plans
- CareSource - 4 plans
- SummaCare Health Plan - 9 plans