Dr. James Santarelli MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

July 23rd, 2016
Highly recommended
Really cares about his patients.

April 7th, 2016
Outstanding dr.
Outstanding Dr. I started going to him over 10 years ago when my original Dr. retired and recently moved my mother from another state and brought her to him. He has always been very courteous and thorough with his exams. I would recommend this Dr. to anyone looking for one

January 27th, 2016
Piss poor professional attitude
Just waited on hold for 18 min to check on a script I called in 2 days ago to get the answer its being reviewed!

April 22nd, 2015
Great Staff; Disappointed in Doctor
Great staff, but Dr.Santarelli needs a better bedside manner for new patients. Very disappointed!

February 17th, 2015
He is very busy and is worth the wait.

June 10th, 2014
Think hard before choosing this doctor
I am writing this review on the way my father has been treated, SIX MONTHS ago my father had a kidney infection, He also had a near fatal level of lithium in his system for 4months before we took him to froedtert hospital. This doctor would not even talk to my mother without my father present,, my father could not even walk to get to his office, What kind of doctor won't even talk to someone, I guess he couldn't charge for an office visit so why bother. This review most likely won't make it to his website.. I just hope a least one person will get a chance to see what kind of doctor he is . My father would have died if my mother didn't take him to froedtert. NO THANKS TO HIm

August 22nd, 2012
Really Nice guy
5 year patient. The doctor is great if you want to get in and out of there quickly. Downside is that his practice isn't particularly sensitive to the male gender who want to discuss any male issues. He always brings one or two his young female assistants with him to the examining rooms to be his note taker. It probably works fine for women patients but I'm a guy who doesn't want to discuss male issue with more privacy so I'm switching and looking for another doctor.

June 23rd, 2012
Horrible Office Staff
I have never experienced such poor office staff. If you need a referral find a different doctor. So disgusted, and it's happened several times. My appointment was over a month ago and they still have not submitted the paperwork. I've called several times. The staff puts you on hold FOREVER! It's a shame because the doctor is so nice.

February 10th, 2012
horrifying dr and staff
Horrible dr. Doesn't spend any time in the room with patients. Staff is rude. His NP and PA are very rude and dont have a lot of knowledge. He is in and out of the room in less than a minute. If you are sick they tell you go to ER!

September 19th, 2011
Very bad poor poor care. I have had this Dr. for 4 years and never met him himself. I always have someone new and they dont know anything about me as a result of this have had injury in care. Also I never can get my prescription renewed on time there are months where there is noone to sign for the meds. for days.In this case 5 days of calling to renew my monthly HEART meds. I am no longer going to use this Dr, as my injuries resulted in poor care including 47 angina attacks and 2 mass heart attacks after seeing them 2 days prior telling me not to worry I am ok>>>???? THANK GOD I SURVIVED THANKS TO THE AMBULANCE DRIVER DECLINING TO TAKE ME TO THE SAME HOSPITAL I WAS GOING FOR THE ANGINA ATTACK!!!

May 23rd, 2011
just plain hurt and feeling neglected
I believe Dr. Santarelli generally care for his patients but I believe he has too many patients to manage all of their care properly. I would not recommend him at all as his staff will answer phones and try to help but they are not knowledgeable enough to help patients due to poor communication skills. In fact staff is rude and have made such gross errors in communication that I changed doctors after being a patient for almost 14 years. These errors have drawn a rift between patient and doctor. I never have done a online review but I will not stop until every opportunity to write this same comments and recommendation within any and all doctor review forums.

May 25th, 2010
good luck
we have been patients of Santarelli for years and yes he is an awesome doctor and really cares for his patients but his staff at his clinic is another issue in itself...very rude at times. They push your appt to see the PA and not the doc..considering changing doctors