A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Saphir:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Saphir
Influenza Patient Education Learn all about influenza and common symptoms of the flu as well as treating this type of viral infection.Before Visiting Dr. Saphir Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Saphir, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Saphir graduated from Harvard University , Boston.
Dr. Saphir has 6 hospital affiliations:
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center- Summit Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James R Saphir MD is a male Internist, has 48 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. James R. Saphir practice?
- Dr. James Saphir has 1 office location.
Dr. James Saphir practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Berkeley, CA.
See Berkeley Internists and Berkeley Cardiologists.