inactive

James V Scarcella MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

May 1st, 2012
Horrible person
When laser resurfacing first came on the scene. Dr. Scarcella offered for me to have it done for free as long as other doctors could come in to learn the procedure. I was all for it as I could not afford it. It was my dream come true as I had scars and discoloration on my face that humilated me wherever I went. The surgery was planned. Once I was put under anesthesia.. yes put under anesthesia.. he came out and asked my new boyfriend at the time if the scars on my chest was from me self mutilated myself by burning myself with cigarettes (??). Mind you this was only the second time I met this doctor. He never examined me before the surgery so that I could tell him of the skin allergies I had. Of course my new boyfriend did not know. He told the other doctors of his worries and did not perform the surgery. When I woke up and saw that my dream surgery was not performed and why, I was mortified. I was so embarrased in front of my boyfriend and the doctors..it was one of the most humiliating experiences of my life. I went on to marry that boyfriend. Went to one of the other doctors who was in that operating room who I showed my records and he performed the procedure ( of course my new husband had to pay for it). But I will NEVER, EVER forget how this doctor treated me. When I woke up and told him my medical history of skin allergies..he said well then if your allergies are this bad...you shouldnt have the surgery . NO sympathy for the embarassement he just caused me or the huge disappointment. I will never forget it.. even though it was years ago.