Dr. James Schader MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 3rd, 2016
Positive
Dr. Schader is an exceptional surgeon. My overall experience with him and his staff was excellent.

May 16th, 2016
I found that Dr Schader didn't jump into recommending surgery right away, but took a more conservative approach which I appreciate.

October 28th, 2015
He is a wonderful Dr.

September 3rd, 2015
Honest hard working doctor
I have been treating with Dr Schader for about 9 months. He is an honest and hard working man from everything I could gather. My injury was workers comp related and despite the pressure from the insurance company, he fairly and honestly looked out for my injury, and is helping me to make a transition to a specialist who can do ongoing care for herniated disc with spinal stenosis. I took the time to read other reviews on hear, because I wanted to know what experiences others had treating with Dr Schader. After reading the reviews and facts mentioned, I can't help but comment and bring a few facts to light. I've had four knee surgeries two on each knee, and four on my wrist from various doctors, some doctors better than otherst, some exceptional. There is always post operative pain with any deep tissue joint surgery, and sometimes it can linger for years. It's just what happens when you cut into deep tissue like joints and especially when hardware is added like staples or screws. Another thing to realize about surgery and having deep wounds from operations, is infection can come from anywhere. Surgeons always use antibiotics in conjunction with strict sterilization protocols for pre opp preperations and surgical procedures to help reduce the occurrence of infection from surgery; however, it's only good for the surgical exposer, and will not prevent infection from post opp exsposure or infection introduced at a latter date once the antibiotics wear off. Doctors choose hospitals based on the convenience for the patient, and the necessary equipment to perform the needed treatment; however, they have no controll over the germs that may or may not be present at a hospital despite rigorous protocol to prevent the spread and infection of known or unknown pathogens. Germs are everywhere its part of life, we all have to do are part post opp, and keep our wound and environment clean. As far as the hospitol, they all follow the same protocal for germ control and sanitation regulated by the state bord and the CDC. With that being said, I would recommend Dr Schader to family or friends, and would seek treatment from him again if it was in his field of expertise. He seems to be an intelligent, down to earth, hard working doctor, who is honest, has a good bedside manor, and genuinely wants to help you get better. Thank for reading!

January 24th, 2014
I am so deeply grateful for Dr. Schader's knowledge and experience. He is a wonderful doctor and I highly recommend him. I had shoulder surgery in 2013 and Dr. Schader has been very supportive. He has a calm and confident bedside manner and returns my phone when I have called with a question. His office staff are also friendly and helpful.

May 4th, 2012
Post-Op staph infection
During a surgery to remove a plate and screws I received a staph infection. This infection caused much additional cost as well as major discomfort.It sure seems strange to charge for mistakes. The surgery was at a very low rated hospital. Legacy Meridian Park.Frankly I don't know if it is the dostors fault or the hospitals. What I do know is the doctor picked the hospital also!

August 18th, 2010
My experience with Dr. Schader has been overwhelmingly positive. His work was excellent and his manner was helpful and not at all condescending.

November 4th, 2008
Keep Looking
I had very bad luck. Doctor did not want to hear about post surgery problems, and my knee is worse