Psychiatrist, Child & Adolescent

5150 Tamiami Trl N
Ste 305
Naples, FL 34103
239-263-0133
Locations and availability (1)

• Currently 3.816091954023 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.7816091954023 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  "Sublyme"  |  show details
by Dawn Sladky, R.N. on Sep 17th, 2014

I am a Registered Nurse who has suffered from a disease akin to Lyme Disease but commonly referred to as Morgellon's Disease. This disease manifests as recurrent, recalcitrant wounds which do not heal, often beginning as itching painful ulcers that are unsightly, often deep. In my case you could literally see my shoulder joint, The CDC has called it a psychiatric disorder, It is their pattern to blame patients for that which is not easily diagnosed. Dr. Schaller is an expert in biofilms, which makes him the quintessential physician in understanding the pathophysiology of Morgellon's disease. My disease is parasitic, bacterial, viral, and yeast/mold based. It is pleomorphic and resistant to treatment, In lay terms, it is a "Superbug" much like MRSA. Ridding the human body of pleomorphic entities with highly evolved wills to survive requires a master thinker. This is what I have found in Dr. Schaller. Morgellon's Disease seems to have genetic markers and those of European decent seem to be more hospitable for it's voracious palate, leading to disfiguring scars. I have spoken with Dr. Schaller and he has given me insight into helping me rid myself of these heinous biofilms. Currently he is a consultant in the care of my disease. I would recommend anyone suffering from Morgellon's Disease to be evaluated by Dr. Schaller. Sincerely, Dawn Sladky, R.N.

|  Top doctor for diagnosing and treating tick infections  |  show details
by Justin J. on Jun 11th, 2014

Dr. Schaller is far beyond other doctor's in his knowledge and understanding of specific infections: Babesia, Bartonella and Lyme. He constantly researches and publishes books to help everyone, including non-patients. He was the only one to accurately diagnose me and find appropriate treatment, individualized to my needs.

|  Professor  |  show details
by Taylor F. on Apr 3rd, 2014

Dr. Schaller accurately diagnosed and prescribed the proper medications for my specific illness. He was caring, took necessary time to hear my needs and it was very easy to interact with him.

|  Finally things make sense  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2014

Dr. Schaller gave me help and hope after other doctors treated a myriad of symptoms for 30 years. He listened carefully to me and helped sort out the cause of the multiple symptoms I experienced. Together we worked on a course of treatment tailored to my present situation and health, adding one treatment at a time to avoid needless expense and unnecessary reactions to medications. It was not an easy process since I was not well physically, mentally or emotionally but we persevered and have seen dramatic results. I would definitely recommend Dr. Schaller for his skill and knowledge and persistence in finding the cause , addressing the cause , and finding sometimes simple solutions for complex illnesses.

|  Goes Beyond the Call of Duty  |  show details
by Delilah Praete on Mar 16th, 2014

Dr. Schaller is an expert in treating many different kinds of illness. His knowledge is extremely up to date and is concerned with the whole patient. He is truly a holistic doctor like none other that I have met in my 28 year journey with illness. Most holistic doctors seem to dabble in various areas while Dr. Schaller is a true in depth expert. He is completely devoted to his patients and goes above and beyond the call of duty. He is kind and patient and explains everything as he goes along. He speaks to his patients as though they are his equal. And most importantly everything that Dr. Schaller has had me do has been incredibly helpful. I have had some help from some doctors before but not like this. My results speak for themselves.

Dec 6th, 2013

I have never known a doctor like this- spends time, cares, ethos. He tirelessoly works to find solutions, even when it seems there are none. He treats his patients like complete human beings.

|  Dr. Schaller - miracle worker  |  show details
by Thomas S. Snyder on Jun 17th, 2013

Dr. Schaller has helped and brought relief where others failed or gave up. He is innovative, resourceful and does not quit. He is the cutting edge of his speciality - up on all the latest advances and methods

|  An Amazing Physician  |  show details
by AmyM on Apr 1st, 2013

Dr. James Schaller amazed me with his excellent listening skills, his intellectual curiousity, and his depth of knowledge. I have a 30 year old son who has been ill for 12 years and I have travelled to at least 55 doctors. All would do their thing and then give up on him. Dr. Schaller did tests that no one has ever done and found out the root cause of what has been ailing my son for so long. It has been only five days on his recommended medications and there is a such a dramatic change already. He has gone from feeling brain dead and laying on the couch to being out running and thinking about the future. His brain is finally returning to normal. A rash on his face that o one could fix or understand for five years is practically gone. Dr. Schaller has given hope to my son and to myself who were feeling totally hopeless about any future for him. I know that he will stick with him until he is well and that he will be there for him forever. This obvious to me because he is available 24 hours a day for his patients and even helped us yesterday on Easter Sunday. He always promptly returns calls HIMSELF. There is not an answering service or an overworked office staff to screen calls like every other doctor I have ever been to. After a ten minute conversation with Dr. Schaller, it became clear how much passion he has for research and for being on top of the latest treatments at all times. He is by far the most brilliant doctor I have ever met. Even more refreshing= he has a fantastic sense of humor. Imagine that, a physician with a sense of humor! I am going to let him help me with some problems that I have and I can not wait to start treatment.

|  A doctor ahead of his time!  |  show details
by Lacey on Mar 21st, 2013

Dr. Schaller knows his stuff. I was being treated at the VA medical Center in Miami if you want to call it that. The doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with me so they just chalked it up to stress. My symptoms were getting worse: confusion, depersonalization, memory loss, headaches, dizziness..... I was referred to Dr. Schaller and he was like a breath of fresh air. He immediately knew what I was suffering from and we started the treatment. He is very caring, knowledgeable, and the only doctor I know that will call you within 5 minutes of you emailing him. He is very passionate about his work and it shows in every aspect of this treatment, I'm so grateful I found him!!!

|  He is a "real" Doctor  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2012

When I say he is a real Doctor I mean he has the knowledge, expertise, and insight that most other Doctors lack. He was tenacious in his investigation into what was causing my myriad of symptoms, while other physicians saw me for 15 minutes, ordered routine bloodwork, and then threw prescriptions at me. I was prescribed several drugs that now I know were not necessary. I am almost 100%, compared to be completely non functional when I first saw Dr. Schaller

|  Awesome doctor  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2012

Dr. Schaller is the best. Thanks to him I am fully functional again after suffering for years.

|  More than a Doctor!  |  show details
Jul 3rd, 2012

This is how I feel about Dr. Schaller and what he has done for me. I do not talk to him like a person I see for five minutes. Here is an example from my recent email exchange about my upcoming appointment: I'm just overall SUPER excited to tell you and show you my improvement! Although I'll be in Florida for my uncle's wedding, my appointment with you is just as exciting for me; I can't wait for you to see how much better I am and thank you in person for everything you've done this past year. (My whole family actually wishes that they could do the same, but you'll just have to take my word for it!) You've saved my life! I never would of dreamed that only a year later I would have made such progression and have my HOPE regained once again! I know you hear it all the time from patients, but because of YOU I am able to once again contribute to this world, believe in myself, see a future filled with hope, and most importantly - be the mother to my son that I once was. Recently my 11 yr old - Trent- told me just that and said he can't wait to do things together like we "used to." I'm afraid to imagine what my life would be like now if not for the serendipity of finding you."I know he sounds "too good to be true," but I am a living testimony to the man's skills. ALL doctors should operate the way Dr.J does: listen to their patients and more than just 5-20 minutes, treat each patient and their illness on an individual level AND be available to their patients 24/7.

|  outstanding physician gives compassionate cutting edge care  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2012

Dr. Schaller is extremely knowlegable in his field and was the first doctor of many to accurately diagnose and treat my conditions. I would and have recommended him to many. I have since taken 2 of my 4 ill children to see him, and hope to get my other 2 to see him in the future. He listens, takes time with you, and does an appropriate work up. He emphasizes patient education and safety. Dr. Schaller was the first doctor to address my depression and chronic pain, as well as ordering other treatments, some very innovative, for symptom management and comfort. I bless him every day for his compassion and thoughtfulness. He has given my family hope for healing and a brighter future.

|  Dr Schaller- Everything You're Looking For in a Doctor!  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2011

The words "thank you" don't seem to cover it. You are every bit as brilliant, animated, and delightful to be around as I imagined.In short, for the fist time in the evolution of my complex and long termillness, I am ready to sit back and be the patient. What a change.All I wanted to say is, I idolize you. You're incredible. My gratitude and the sense of relief - felt was indescribable. My husband felt that finally, we had found "our guy." I couldn't agree more!Yours truly,A. C

Jun 15th, 2011

Fantastic man. He has me almost completely healthy (about 99%) and it feels amazing. I am now one semester away from earning my juris doctorate and practicing law. He is a blessing.

|  A True Expert!  |  show details
May 8th, 2011

I've been to multiple physicians and specialist, some good, some not so good. Dr. Schaller was a bit more costly, but when you think about overall time vs. amount, my primary MD charges $150 and examines me for 10 minutes maximum. Pro-rate that and you do the math for an hour!His thorough lab testing is second to none and able to detect infections and diseases indirectly, which is so necessary in a day when lab sensitivity is all but useless for those of us with not so easy to find medical problems.In four simple words, he saved our lives!

|  Sweet Man Immensly Creative. Careful  |  show details
by Mike T on May 3rd, 2011

My first conversation was like talkig to a brother. He is very smart, but down to earth. We spoke for quite some time--free.He sent me free information.I think he thought I was shopping, and just wanted to offer things to help my problems.When I did see him, I made more progress in two months than I had with many others. I liked the way he used the stuff from other docs to help me. He said they helped him even if I was not better.Really into medicine. Like his drug. After sessions he has sent me home with articles or books--so far for free. And you sence he really cares and is trying to help you. I am pretty much back to myself.Nothing but good to me.

|  Treats Patients like Family  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2011

Extensive review of symptoms, really listens, caring, and is an outside of the box thinker! One of the best docs I have ever seen!

|  Warm and Very Serious Professional  |  show details
Mar 18th, 2011

When we visted this physician I was annoyed at the cost. Yet over 110 minutes for which he charged 90, I had al the lissues my family has struggled with laid out like a clear story.He was always careful and precise, since as a professional myself I need to trust someone.The labs were very special and each was offered as an option, and not required.The headaches, obesity, fatigue and aches in the family have all dropped 75% as a trend.He seems to be very driven about his work. One has impression he is very serious about many areas in medicine, esp. anything, and I do mean anything that influences mood, personality, thinking, fatigue and contentment.Worth the sacrifice and despite cutting back to every 8 weeks, we still se neww ideas and improvement. Most think we are back to normal. One idea--if you wonder if he is s good person to see, do his free consult. You will never get a treatent or a lab order, you will get personal call from him personally.

|  Answer finally to chronic fatigue and migraines  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2011

Came from Southern CA to see Dr. Schaller. Ten years of treatment including I.V. and every antibiotic you can name. Continue herxing to this day and couldn't get out of bed. At 50 felt like 90 and thought dying for certain. Dr. Schaller was first clinician to pay attention to my high mold test results that other doctor's ran but didn't know what do to about. Found impossible to get better if constantly bombarded with toxins. Because of him got my house fixed and am now finally starting to feel normal. There is no one else out there like him. Will always be grateful for pointing me in right direction and getting health back. Lizzie

|  30 MINUTE FREE PHONE CHAT--NEW ONE  |  show details
Mar 10th, 2011

Sweet, helpful, gave me free time. Clarified many things. Nice. Smart. He does not put on airs.Smart and easy to talk to when embarressed.

|  FREE 30 MINUTES--FRIENDLY, SMART  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2011

I live too far away from this doctor, but read a book he wrote a few years ago that helped me, and I had some questions. I did his 5 minute consult chat form. He called the same day. And he spent 30 minutes discussing a wide range of issues for me and other family members, and asked me to explore them with my local DO and naturopath.It was surprising to see someone love medicine, and enjoy talking to me. I was not rushed. And he joked while sharing very fascinating ideas. If I ever come to his area on a vacation or business, I am definately coming to get a real consult.

|  Fast response and friendly, kind and helping us  |  show details
by grateful on Feb 1st, 2011

We have fatigue issues, aches, nerve trouble and trouble with sleep. These re just a sample. He was very nice and warm. We are getting better pretty fst, and his ability to find all the causes of troubles is very good--not rushing us.

Jan 20th, 2011

Saw Dr. Schaller after taking my kids to at least 15 other "specialists." Finally figured out what was wrong with me (not chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia as other docs had said, also not MS). He was able to help my children stay in school and I could finally work again without being in pain. Highly recommend taking the time and effort to see him.

Jan 11th, 2011

Brilliant doctor and extremely knowlegable in many area, always available, always caring. He lives for his profession and it shows in the care he provides to his patients.

|  Great doctor, very attentive  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2010

My two small children and I first saw Dr. Schaller four months ago after being treated by another LLMD for over a year. Our treatment had stagnated and while somewhat better, we had not gotten fully better. My 3 year old daughter had a stutter that had come on with the Lyme disease and while her other symptoms had mostly gone, this one was sticky. We saw Dr. Schaller and literally within two months of his program, her speech is remarkably better, to the point that no one outside our family would know she had a speech issue. My husband and I as well as her nursery school teachers are amazed. My son and I are also on the road to recovery. Dr. Schaller is very responsive---he calls immediately if we need to talk and we had an initial consultation at his office within a week of calling. We travel from London to see him and it is worth the trip. He works well with our local doctor here as well. We think he is fabulous.

|  PASSIONATE HEALER--NOT JUST A JOB  |  show details
by relieved on Nov 17th, 2010

Was pleased I was finally helped with a number of challenging medical issues-insomnia, aches, fatigue, etc.

|  Wonderful with children  |  show details
by Gage E. on Sep 5th, 2010

I am currently a patient of Dr. Schaller with great success, and I recently brought my children to see him. Dr. Schaller and his office personnel are warm and inviting. Both he and his staff actually made special arrangements to fit my childrens and my schedule rather than their own. Dr. Schaller, his staff, and office are family friendly equipped with toys and space for the children to play between rooms during the appointment. My son, who has previously been diagnosed with PDD-NOS (Autistic spectrum disorder) generally does not tolerate new places, situations, or people (especially new adults) well. Normally, my son would withdrawal during a doctors appointment refusing to lift his head or cooperate with requests (even the doctor he has seen since he was a baby). This was not the case, however, with Dr. Schaller. Both children immediately warmed up to his magnetic personality. Dr. Schaller thoroughly took case histories, examined the children, and completed numerous lab requests all while keeping the children entertained and happy. Patience is a virtue and Dr. Schaller definitely retains that virtue. He is passionate about his work and his patients. Dr. Schaller is a brilliant and innovative physician. God has placed Dr. Schaller on this earth to do great things, and Dr. Schaller is not only fulfilling that purpose but also completing such great things with Great Love. My children and I could not ask for a better physician (and office staff).

Sep 1st, 2010

Very caring, follow up is great, have improved an incredible amount since being under his care.

Sep 1st, 2010

Very easy to contact when I have questions or need to talk.

by Janelle B. Elliott on Jun 3rd, 2010

I have been to many doctors over the past 5 years (to no avail) in search of a cause and treatment for my numerous symptoms/ ailments. I discovered Dr. Schallers website two years ago, and realized that my symptoms correlated with those noted in his articles on tick-borne diseases and mold-related biotoxins. My heart and mind told me that both my children (who also have several health concerns) and I needed to see Dr. Schaller, but I allowed my husband, friends, doctors, and finances to convince me otherwise. In that decision, I made a huge mistake. Two years later, and thousands of dollars wasted in other doctors fees and surgery, I asked my primary care physician to run some particular tests for me as a favor (tests I had gleaned from some of Dr. Schallers and another LLMDs articles). I tested positive for Lyme, had a low MSH level, and have a genetic inability to properly rid myself of biotoxins. (Dr. Schaller was able to interpret the genetic profile test for me as my PCP ordered it, but did not know what to do with the results.) I finally had the ammunition to convince my family that I needed to see Dr. Schaller. Prior the appointment, I had read many of his articles and two of his books. I am ashamed to admit that I thought he would be a little cocky or arrogant, but I was COMPLETELY WRONG. He is a humble genius and very personable. He determined that in addition to Lyme, I also have Babesia, and Bartonella. Knowing that my finances are tight, and that a specific medicine is expensive, he had his office personnel give me information on a program so that I may apply for financial assistance to cover the necessary medicine. I am eager to begin treatment, and am thrilled to finally be on the road to better health. I now will begin to make arrangements so that my children can be healed by this marvelous man as well.

by Patricioli on May 30th, 2010

Dr. J diagnosed my problem when no one else could and has me on the road to healing. He's a compassionate gentle giant.

|  Brilliant man....there is NO doubt  |  show details
by Jenny Miner on May 30th, 2010

My son would not be on the honor roll for the 2nd year in a row if it wasn't for Dr. Schaller. I have since started a non-profit organization to draw attention to vector borne illnesses. My organization, Think Zebras Inc. has guided many individuals either to Dr. Schaller himself or through the processes he uses with their own physician. Over and over he has been correct or proven to be correct by other doctors. I also own an air conditioning company and have seen the effects of mold more than most people get to see. He is absolutely correct about that too. We had to move from a toxic environment long before I met Dr. Schaller. I had one daughter diagnosed asthmatic and one needing tubes in her ears, another with chronic UTI infections and a son with a chronic cough. All we did was move and all those symptoms went away, no tubes, no asthma, no more UTIs, no more cough. I am enraged by the people bashing Dr. Schaller because if their harsh opinion prevents even one person from being SAVED by seeing him or considering his theories...SHAME ON THEM!!!! To me it's like getting in the way of a speeding ambulance. He is not a fraud, not even close. He is brilliant, passionate and mildly eccentric. It is not easy to be Dr. Schaller's patient. He requires you to be his partner in your healthcare and you must work. You must read and make decisions based on what you learn. You must do exactly as he prescribes. If you don't, it could become a problem for you and he tells you that up front, 100 different ways. I heard a testimony in person from someone who hates him and her story was full of details I personally knew were not true. Please do not judge him based on bogus or negative information. I am willing to be contacted through Think Zebras if you need further assurance. I am going to copy and paste this post into Vitals and Health Grades because I have 4 kids, a husband, an air conditioning company and a non-profit organization to take care of and need to save time.

|  Great Healer  |  show details
by JGB on May 27th, 2010

Dr. Schaller is caring, kind, professional, brilliant and relentless in his quest for an answer. He is by far the best doctor I have gone to. You can go to others but you will get the answer the first time if you go to Dr. Schaller.

|  Joseph B. Patient  |  show details
May 26th, 2010

Dr. Schaller is by far the most attentive and intelligent medical expert I have had the pleasure of working with. The man had answers for me in minutes, with blood work to confirm in days. He takes all of my concerns into consideration and has tailored a unique protocol to my specific medical needs. I have made dramatic improvements in a matter of a few months. I would not leave my medical care in the hands of anyone else!

|  tricky business!  |  show details
by Taylor Rowen on May 25th, 2010

% cannot get over the negativity that nips at goog natured, caring doctors who are braver than any other physician on the planet; yet, at the same time, I can. My own daughter was so I'll during the peak of her Bartonella and Babesiosis, her character disorders were blaringly obvious and often abusive tooward the very person who was making her well--Dr. Schaller! Only now that her symptoms have all but subsided and reaching the end of a long and frightening fight with tick borne infection, can she look back and have the genuine insight--something that diminishes with tick infections/diseases--to wonder what she could have been thinking. Fortunately, Dr. J has a sense of humor and the patience of a saint! Without it, I'm sure he couldn't keep helping and sacrificing all he does despite tthe hatred within the community of those affected by Bart, Babs, Lyme, Erlichia, etc.

|  Highly Accurate Diagnostician  |  show details
by Nancy Novak on May 22nd, 2010

Dr. Schaller is a gentleman, a scholar, and knows the future of multiple health issues by about ten years. Before relocating to FL, Dr. S diagnosed me and my son with multiple health challenges, knowing instinctively how to best treat us. Dr. S. listened keenly to my thoughts and feelings, seriously considered my input. He continually researches complimentary medicine and recommends it accordingly. Dr. S not only saved my life, he helped me improve the quality of my life.

|  Five stars isn't enough!  |  show details
by m. Walsh on May 19th, 2010

the trip to the states was well worth the time and money--on an ongoing basis, Dr. Schallet has personally restored health and vitality to a near dead home. We knew immediately that he understood our needs, but at the same time, he admitted NOT knowing a few specific things and devoted his time over the next few weeks to learning inside and out the mechanics of the aforementioned unknown elements. This guy is top notch!

|  Wow...speechless  |  show details
by Ali Schaefer on May 5th, 2010

It's hard to put into words the kind of hope I had for my family when we walked out of Dr. Schaller's office after our first visit.Now, cynics would be thinking, "just wait till the honeymoon phase is over!"Well,cynic, I say to you this: it has now been four YEARS and some odd months, and my big Italian family is as healthy as all those phoney people in excercise and vitamin ccmmercials LOOk!Dr. Schaller is a part of our family, and we couldn't say enough good things about him and his caring staff (one picked me up from my hotel and brought me to the office appointment!).We LOVE Dr. Schaller!!

|  Dr. J Rocks!  |  show details
by jill c. on Apr 29th, 2010

Ticks everywhere are cowering just knowing this guy is aroind. Dr. Schaller is the most reputable, knowledgable MD on the planet. My family members are living quality lives again thanks to his constant learning and commitment to working with us to fine tune care for each individual patient, which is 200% better than any previous Doctor, in my opinion!

|  Very Pleased  |  show details
Apr 14th, 2010

Friendly, available and helped my children. He is a full time research type physician, so he is up to date and creative with hard issues

|  hands down most attentive MD in the country  |  show details
by Chris Hayes, Ellicot City, MD on Apr 9th, 2010

with my unique history and diagnosis (one that would have gone by the wayside had I not seen him), no single MD-&?4 % $&91 -seen dozens from CA to NYC and in between!-- has given me the unique and personalized attention that Dr. Schaller has. He's like a part of our extended family now :) originally, I brought my adolescent to see him for behavior problems and was reluctant to have myself tested (bloodwork). Well, not only did my lab work reveal life threatening ailments, but we found out my son had physiological--not mental--reasons for his behavior. Very treatable and beautiful progress for both of us, with the follow up labs to prove it! This guy is the real deal, truly a blessing.

|  SICK CHARACTER DISORDERED PATIENTS ACCEPTED  |  show details
by Reality of Ill nasty patients on Apr 8th, 2010

Dr. J treats the sickest of the sick, and some very bitter and nasty people. He treats people others do not want to touch.

Apr 7th, 2010

Ive been an ongoing patient of Dr. Schaller for for the past year. After years of suffering, the many previous doctors I saw either never found any problem or doubted everything I said. One doctor even wrote a defamatory letter about me. My muscles were extremely weak, I had constant fatigue, I was unable to sit, stand or walk for more than a very brief period, I had non stop shaking and many other problems. Then, after many years of suffering, I got lucky. A great doctor who realized something was terribly wrong looked at my blood sample under a microscope. He found spirochetes and had me take a Western Blot test, confirming what I was saying. At that point I sought out Dr. Schaller.As treatment continues, tests show significant improvement as Im walking, standing, and sitting much longer and no more shaking. I no longer need a cane to walk and the fatigue problem is much improved. After all these many years of suffering, there is hope for a normal life again.

|  Dr. Schaller Rating  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2010

This is a very good doctor. I have been his patient for four years, and by now would be dead or worse if it wasn't for him. He gave me the right diagnosis, has had success in treating me, and now i see light at the end of the tunnel instead of hopelesness. He approaches his career, and his interaction with patients as if it's the body of his life's work, and not just a job. He is also insightful, understanding, tolerant, optimistic and very smart. His hourly rate is more than reasonable, considering he has a qualified staff, and does a lot of research - all of which cost money (not to mention the rising cost of everything that has to do with healthcare). I wish him the best in his future, and hope he succeeds!

|  Misdiagnosed Mom  |  show details
by Misdiagnosed Mom from PA on Mar 2nd, 2010

In 1986 I was told had chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, mono and high epstein barr. No one knew about lyme back then. Thankfully many years later and a few additional tic bites, I found Dr. Schaller. After listening for a while, he asked a few questions, then said "you need labwork to determine exactly what is wrong, but I suspect you have lyme" that was in the late 1990's when NO ONE would have diagosed me. Years later he diagnosed by Babesia - both Duncani and Microti, along with Bartonella. I feel very sorry for those illiterate, angry, sick people who refuse to acknowledge Dr. Schaller is brilliant - just because they either can't (as in can't or won't spend the money to see him) or refuse to acknowledge perhaps he knows a few thousand things they don't. I'm alive, healthy and symptom free, without ever having an IV stuck in my arm and these Bartonella bite nasty women insist on trashing him... when they have obviously never met the man, talked with him or have any clue about who he really is - the man that saved my life!

|  Dr J is the Best  |  show details
by Chris O on Jan 29th, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr.Schaller for over two years. He is the most knowledgable of all MD's. He takes the time to listen to your symtoms, do extensive lab work, and develop a plan for a cure. He is not a turnstyle Dr and does not rush you through in 10 min. He will give you as much face to face time with you that makes you feel comfortable. He is the most compassionate Dr. and does not belittle you in any way to feed his ego. He is the BEST Dr I have ever seen. I feel like he is not only my MD but also my friend.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by 3 Babesia Patients on Jan 9th, 2010

During my first visit, it was very apparent to me that me and my two children were in good hands. He is incredibly knowledgeable because half of his time he researches and the other half he treats difficult cases. Our case specifically is difficult because we all have Babesia Duncani. This strain of Babesia is very agressive and we were so so sick. Dr. Schaller is the world expert on Babesia. I honestly believe that if I didn't find him, we would still be bedridden.He is exceptional and I would recommend him to anyone.

|  Stunningly helpful  |  show details
by tk boyle on Dec 17th, 2009

After many physicians, Dr. J found out the troubles in my family, and now we are doing well.He was worth the travel.

Dec 8th, 2009

After going from one doctor to another for the past almost 9 years I'm so very thankful that we were led to Dr. Schaller. He knows what he's doing and I have seen many improvements in the few months I've been working with him. He keeps a close eye on me as a patient and is incredibly easy to get a hold of if I have any questions or concerns... you work directly with him and I've never experienced that with any other doctor I've ever had to deal with. He truly does care and I have the utmost confidence in his knowledge and ability to get you to the finish line. I have lyme, babesia, bartonella etc., and don't feel like I'm on my own anymore and just stabbing in the dark like I did with other doctors. In my opinion.... he's the best.

by A family in California on Dec 7th, 2009

Dr. Schaller is treating our whole family for lyme disease. He works directly with each of my 3 daughters and has spent the time to get to know them as 'people' and not just lyme patients. My girls have told me that they have grown to trust Dr. Schaller and that is a huge plus. If we have a major concern between appointments Dr. Schaller is just an e-mail away. We have come to appreciate being able to always work directly with Dr. Schaller, no nurses, no middle people, always Dr. J. That is so rare these days. We have been to so many doctors over the past 8 years so we are well aware of what's out there. We feel blessed to be working with Dr. Schaller. :) I have seen more positive changes in the short time we have been seeing Dr. Schaller then I ever did with any other doctor. It is giving my girls hope. :)

|  Best Lyme Dr. in Florida  |  show details
by Chris M. on Dec 6th, 2009

Dr. J is an excellent Dr. He treats me and my two children. All three of us have seen huge improvements with his treatment. He is gifted in understanding blood test results and determining next steps for each individual. His treatment is specific to you not a protocol. I definitely recomment him to anyone who has Lyme and especially if you have Babesia. He is the best in the country at treating Babesia.

Dec 6th, 2009

Dr. Schaller never fails to amaze me. His attention to detail is just a bonus to the remarkable care you will receive. Dr. Schaller has helped my daughter regain her life when we felt we had nowhere else to turn. He will listen carefully and explain thoroughly. He will uncover problems we never saw and provide solutions along with options to provide as much comfort as possible along the way. Dr. Schaller has been blessed with a gift and he truly cares about his patients.

|  Teacher  |  show details
by Jane, Connecticut on Dec 5th, 2009

Six of us in CT in 2006 and 2007 were sick with a mystery illness. We collectively went to 28 doctors who tried to figure out why we were sick with stabbing pains, night sweats, incredible fatigue, swollen joints, aches, chest pain and air hunger among other symptoms. We had dedicated doctors, but they were stumped. Finding Dr. Schaller was, for us, like finding the needle in the hay stack. He was able to figure out the cause of our illnesses with extensive labs, and he did not give the same labs we had already been given. I owe the fact that I am not disabled right now to Dr. Schaller. Dr. Schaller and his staff went far above and beyond and he was especially kind to my son. I gave Dr. Schaller the highest ratings here...but frankly, for us, he off the charts!

|  SAVED OUR LIVES. THAT SIMPLE  |  show details
Nov 21st, 2009

We have been to many physicians and this one was the most helpful, sweet and caring, and smart. I mean seriously smart. We are already 75% better in only four months.

|  Fatigue gone after many years and many physicians  |  show details
by Lisa S. on Nov 13th, 2009

I have been to many physicians, and Dr. Schaller clearly knew how to be a medical detective. He likes tough problems--I was one.Now 85% back to myself.I am pleased I made the trip.

|  THE BEST IN THE WORLD AT SOME THINGS  |  show details
by Pam, Texas on Oct 1st, 2009

I sit holding back tears of joy this morning. Sarah goes on talking about a talk she is preparing in science class year book staff meeting she is preparing for. We honestly lost this child for 2 years. When she was first brought to the ER on 7/07 and she was seizing and the doctors worked on her for what seemed like eternity. All I could think about was, are we going to lose that special personality. For some reason I did not fear the loss of her life, but he ability to do or be something special in this worldwe would never share her joy and insight with others. We had no idea of course what was wrong. She is back, she is back. I thank God for that. I thank God for putting you on this earth and guiding me to you. We Thank you! Pam, Texas

|  unbelievable luck  |  show details
by Molly on Apr 21st, 2009

Through a strange twist of circumstances, we were made aware of Dr. Schaller and the help he had provided to a family. Our 27 year old daughter was suffering neurological problems and various odd health maladies. A beautiful college graduate with so many plans, only to hit a brick wall. We had been to so many doctors and specialists over the years, only to feel frustrated and let down. She and I made our way to Naples for an appointment with Dr. Schaller. He diagnosed her with Lyme, babesia, and a-typical bartonella. He was wonderful. We spent quite a long time with him. He never looked at his watch or became distracted. He listened to every word my daughter said. He did extensive testing to fully understand her situation. Even though we live hundreds of miles away, our communication with Dr. Schaller and his staff is excellent. We love them all. Our daughter is working hard at recovering but we are seeing tremendous improvement and have every expectation that she will be returned to the full life she deserves. Thank you Dr. Schaller, his staff and not least of all his family, who have sacrficed greatly so he can devote so much time to research, writing and treatment of the hopeless. If there is any way possible, you should seek him for treatment. He will make a tremendous difference in your life.

|  Remarkable Doctor  |  show details
by Shelby on Apr 15th, 2009

Dr. Schaller is simply remarkable; he diagnosed my young son and eldest daughter with Bartonella and Babasia, which we later discovered I passed on during pregnancy. Until then, we were struggling daily with fatigue, unexplained rashes, rage issues, you name it! We're all on the road to better health now, thanks to Dr. Schaller!

|  Saved  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2008

This doctor saved my life. I went to several doctors over several years and was getting sicker and sicker. This doctor took the time to figure out the root cause and got me functional again. He is very arrogant but many of the other doctors I have seen were arrogant with no results to back them up.