A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Scharffenberger is Excellent. Dr. Scharffenberger has been reviewed by 9 patients who have provided 5 comments. The rating is 4 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Scharffenberger, MD is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Scharffenberger graduated from Georgetown University, Washington. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Scharffenberger has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Little Co. of Mary Hospital - Torrance
- Torrance Memorial Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Scharffenberger accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 9 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 78 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. James Scharffenberger:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James N. Scharffenberger practice?
Dr. James Scharffenberger practices Obstetrics & Gynecology near Torrance, CA.
See Torrance Obstetricians & Gynecologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Diego Scharffenberger, Dr. Jacob Scharffenberger, Dr. Jacques Scharffenberger, Dr. Jaime Scharffenberger