Dr. James Schneller Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Schneller?

Posted on July 8th, 2016

Two big complaints are time and not honoring parents' wishes. Time: Dr. Schneller was never been on time in all of 6 years. We always waited a minimum of 55 minutes. I finally gave up arriving on time because to wait 1 - 2 hours with 3 children just doesn't work. It's really not respectful of other's time, especially if you're having to take time off work. By arriving an hour late, it solved the time problem and we continued to see him. Not Honoring Parents' Wishes: While arriving an hour late solved the issue of waiting so long, it did not solve that he continued to check my children for strep, even when there was no apparent reason to. When questioned as to why my children would need strep cultures done EVERY time they came in (they have never had strep) and refusal of flu shots, I put up with the expected lectures each time but finally drew the line when I saw they were proceeding with a strep culture and flu shot after saying I did not want them to be administered. That was when we finally left. Dr. Schneller does spend a lot of time with his patients and I would suggest they not schedule his appointments so close together so that he is not perpetually late. And he did follow up after appointments to see how the children were doing if they suffered an ear infection or a broken bone.

Posted on April 18th, 2015

I visited often in the later nineties, extremely kind, and curteous the whole time.

good doctor

Posted on June 28th, 2011

He is a good doctor, he is better then his son i myself saw him and his son ever since i was a child-15yrs old and my boyfriend saw him from a child up to 20yrs old and so have other people in his family. and we plan on taking our baby there too.

Posted on June 20th, 2011

excellent ,caring Doctor. All 3 of my children saw him over a 20 year period. Always right on in diagnosis and takes time with you.

Overly religious

Posted on February 8th, 2011

Dr. James Schneller was my childrens' doctor for four years. With each progressive visit he spoke more and more about his religion. Everytime I told him that I wasn't interested but he kept trying to convert me. I put up with it because he seemed to care about my kids and his religion didn't seem to interfere with the medical treatment he provided my kids, until our final visit. My special needs teenage son had some questions about his body. When he tried to talk to the doctor about masterbation the doctor called me in and told me to discourage it at all costs because "it" is evil, wrong and invites the devil. He said that it violates the commandment that forbids adultery and that I shouldn't allow him to even think about it. (How I'm supposed to stop his thoughts I don't know.)The next time I needed to make an appointment for my daughter I asked the receptionist if my kids could be seen by another doctor in the practice. The receptionist got huffy and rude. She said she'd look into it and get back to me. The next time I heard from them was a letter signed by all the docs in the practice telling me that, effective immediately, they were no longer my childrens' doctor(s). With two of my children having active referrals to specialists for special needs this was devastating. (It made all of their referrals null and void.) Their awful and inconsiderate unprofessionalism caused harm to my children.

Posted on October 27th, 2017