Dr. James Schoeb MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

October 7th, 2016
He got me "back"
Sr. Schoeb diagnosed my issue right away after looking at my MRI. He was forthright, took time to explain things and gave me a great deal of confidence I would be enjoying a 'normal' life again. When my body developed some complications, he was there every day and did all he could to work with the hospital to make sure my care and treatment were handled accurately and properly. He showed genuine concern for me and when all the rehab was done I was feeling almost brand new. I still have PT to go to but no symptoms returned and now it is up to me to follow his and the PT's orders.

September 24th, 2016
Patient
I have been seeing Dr. Schoeb since 2013. I am happy with the services provided thus far, and am now currently preparing for surgery with Dr. Schoeb. I am confident and happy to have him as my surgeon.

June 6th, 2016
Counselor and Eductor
I have yet to me Dr. Schoeb - funny because my wife had her appointment canceled on her by Dr. Schoeb (or his office) three times, in the course of three weeks. He came highly recommended by colleagues in various fields from Morristown Memorial Hospital, but the probability of emergencies three times in a row for the exact same patient - unlikely. So, like an iTunes rating - until the matter is resolved, the Dr. will get a poor score from point of view.

May 12th, 2016
diagnosed problem, performed very successful surgery. Careful follow-up post op.

February 19th, 2016
Dr Schoeb review
We were able to get an appointment at the NJ Spine Center with Dr Schoeb quickly for our serious back problems which needed quick attention. Dr Schoeb reviewed all test results and imaging with us in the room, he explained his observations and diagnosis clearly, answered all our questions completely. He also insured that we understood his diagnosis, recommendations, and their risks/benefits, and our expected outcomes. He was very friendly and direct and gave us great confidence. So far (3-weeks after my surgical procedure to resolve right hand weakness/palsy and the beginning of my wife's more conservative treatment for lower back/upper leg pain) our recoveries and outcomes are what he told us to expect. We are completely satisfied, and my wife and I recommend both Dr Schoeb and the NJSpine Center in Chatham very highly.

November 1st, 2015
His professionalism, knowledge, experience and bedside manner is second to none. I trust Dr. Schoeb implicitly and would never let another surgeon operate on my spine. He is caring, compassionate, and goes above and beyond to ensure he has done everything medically possible to help his patients.

August 2nd, 2015
Dr Schoeb diagnosed my problem did not rush me to do any anything i did not want . Had surgery with very little discomfort . Also he has a great bed side manner. I have other problems in neck will see Dr Schoeb if the future.

January 23rd, 2015
Like seeing a used car salesman complete with bait and switch tactics
This guy is a complete incompetent quack and if you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of visiting this spine center see anyone but this guy. He promotes himself as, "fellowship-trained and board-certified orthopaedic spine surgeon. specializes in the treatment of disorders of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine. Utilizing minimally-invasive techniques and innovative technologies to optimize outcomes for his patients" But yet when my wife met with him he was unable to do anything other than look at her MRI and recommend another doctor to give her trigger point injections. What good is this guy if he is unable to do this himself? Im not a radiologist but it doesn't take an expert to look at my wifes MRI and see 2 severely herniated discs which any kid who ever played operation knows a trigger point injection will do nothing. This place specializes in one thing. Thats to give patients the run around in an attempt to have you return multiple times and see multiple "doctors" and spend thousands of dollars just to do what they know you needed done in the first place. A Discectomy.

June 21st, 2013
Renewed hope
First Id like to preface this by saying, before seeing Dr. Schoeb I pretty much gave up on ever getting rid of my pain and had lost faith in doctors. When I 1st came to the Spine Center, I was in a tremendous mount of pain and came in with an attitude to match the pain inside me. Both the staff and Dr Schoeb saw I was in pain, and responded to my pained remarks with kind words. Dr Schoeb looked at my MRIs and saw that I had a very painful break in my lower back.After we talked quite a bit about the needed surgery to fix the break. He gave me medication to help ease the pain till the Surgery date and set an pre-opt appointment. The pre-opt was just taking some xrays (in the office, so no need to leave get a xray and wait) and going over the procedure again. First with a PA to go through all the details and to answer anything you might be unclear on. Then Dr. Schoeb comes in goes over his part. He is very good at making sure you know what type of recovery to expect. Dr. Schoeb has very easy going nature that helped me feel safe and stay calm throughout my care. His confidence in his skills and knowledge make it easy to trust him. The surgery was about 5 hours, which is just what he expected and told me and my husband. Everything went smoothly as expected. I add this because I have woke up in other surgeries, and that's not fun. During recovery in the hospital, Dr Schoeb and his asscs made sure I had plenty of pain medication ordered, so there was never a time I felt the need to reach out to get pin relief further then my nurse on call, because he covers any bases on all the what ifs in his orders. Once I was at home I still was unsure of some things just from nerves. When I called with my several questions I was met with kindness and concern. Since that Surgery I have needed another area higher in my back. Im 2 weeks post-op and Im just as pleased with the outcome today as I was with my first go around.

June 11th, 2012
MRI-ed the wrong part of my back then said he couldnt help me.
Everyone was very nice, he took the time to listen to me, seemed to care. He didnt bother to do a physical evaluation in which case he might have realized while I was feeling pain from the middle of my back to my hip I described it as lower back pain, he ordered an MRI of my Lumbar which came back normal and he basically told me there was nothing he could do, I emphasized I was in a lot of pain and he said he could prescribe some physical therapy if I wanted but clearly if he couldnt operate he wasnt interested. When I went back to my Primary doctor she ordered Physical therapy and blood tests and in physical therapy they found that the my problem was in my thoracic not my lumbar so it didnt show up on the wasted worthless MRI he ordered and his office visit which came to over $1000 out of my pocket for nothing. The blood tests showed positive for connective tissue disorder and my primary i s seeing about another MRI now with the CORRECT part of my back!