A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Scolapio:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Scolapio is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Scolapio
Influenza Patient Education Learn all about influenza and common symptoms of the flu as well as treating this type of viral infection.Before Visiting Dr. Scolapio Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Scolapio, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Digestive System Endoscopy (EGD)
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Transplantation
- Nutrition Disorders
- Nutritional Support
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Short Bowel Syndrome
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Scolapio graduated from Marshall University , Huntington. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Scolapio has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Luke's Hospital
- Shands Jacksonville Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Samuel Scolapio MD is a male Internist, has 20 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. James S. Scolapio practice?
- Dr. James Scolapio has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Scolapio practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Jacksonville, FL.
See Jacksonville Internists and Jacksonville Gastroenterologists.