A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Scolapio:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Scolapio is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Scolapio
Bowel Incontinence Patient Education Our bowel incontinence patient education guide explains causes and treatment options for fecal issues.Before Visiting Dr. Scolapio Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Scolapio, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Digestive System Endoscopy (EGD)
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Transplantation
- Nutrition Disorders
- Nutritional Support
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Short Bowel Syndrome
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Scolapio graduated from Marshall University , Huntington. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Scolapio has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Luke's Hospital
- Shands Jacksonville Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Samuel Scolapio MD is a male Internist, has 21 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. James S. Scolapio practice?
- Dr. James Scolapio has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Scolapio practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Jacksonville, FL.
See Jacksonville Internists and Jacksonville Gastroenterologists.