Family Practitioner
Video profile
477 Ainsley Ave
Yuba City, CA 95991
530-673-1935
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Rude Doctor Office  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2013

This dr is discriminating against people. look at other reviews before calling!!!!! the good ones must be wrote by the office. I called to make new apt because Athem Blue Cross gave me his name and office said they except insurance but had to ck with dr if he wants to except my husband as patient? What? why would he not? ummm we don't give him enough business? we are too healthy and he wants someone who will come every week? I had to call them cause they did not call me and tell me as they said.. No reason y that will not take, Dr just says no.. Well guess what, I work at local major retail and I will pass this on to all our customers!!

|  Not accepted  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2013

When looking for a new family doctor my wife and I read plenty or reviews. Seemed like Dr Settrs was good. He might very well be good but his staff is less than stellar. My wife called last week to ask if they were accepting new patients and they said YES. She asked if they accepted our insurance. The office assistant said she would check and get back to my wife. After a few days of not hearing anything my wife called the doctors office. The office assistant said that they would not accept us as patients. My wife asked if it was because they did not accept our insurance?? They do in fact accept our insurance but the office assistant would not reveal why we would not be accepted as patients. She said "We have the right to deny anyone we want" I don't have a problem with a doctor not accepting a particular insurance or not accepting new patients. But when both criteria have been met what other reason would there be for not taking us as patients? And then to not state a reason or tell us that they don't have to give us an explanation is unacceptable. Hopefully this doctor is competent but if someone can't get past the front office then his services are pointless.

|  Exceptional Doctor  |  show details
May 16th, 2012

Dr. Setters is by far the best doctor I have ever had. He will go the extra mile for his patients. Not only does he LISTEN to his patients, he CARES too. He's not just a doctor there for the pay check like most doctors I've delt with in the past are. I would highly recommend Dr. Setters to anybody looking for a new doctor. You can't find a much better doctor than him!

|  IGNORED  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2011

Phoned for appt.and was told they would call back after checking insurance. Two weeks later when they had not phoned I went to office and asked what happened. Receptionist rude and uninformed. Said they would not be taking us as patients and refused to give a reason. No explanation as to why they never returned the phone call except she was busy? Based upon office staff, I rate this doctor poorly.

|  Individual and focused attention on me  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2011

Dr. Setters is the best family doctor we've ever had. We switched to him about 10 years ago and have never been sorry. He's gone the extra mile to help me many times and always treats me and my family with individual and personal attention. He helps us understand what's going on and answers our questions in a way that we can make sense of things (my kids love how he always seems to draw a picture on the chair paper to illustrate things).

|  Very happy with Dr. Setters' professionalism, style and knowledge  |  show details
by TJC, RN on Apr 15th, 2009

A very personable man with a lot of knowledge. Treats me with respect. Always spends time with me. Makes me feel like he is concentrating only on me. Offce is run very well. Never more than one other person in the waiting room (usually only me) when I get there. He requires you to be involved with, and responsible for your own health.