Dr. James Shane III Is this you?

Good listener

Posted on November 7th, 2011

Seems to genuinely care in evaluating the problem. Followed up on multiple issues with careful attention to detail.

Posted on June 11th, 2010

Dr Shane was the adnitting Dr for patients admitted thru the er. Barely saw the man. He admitted me under observation. ther ws no follow up on his part to find out that I haad to undergo extensive testing and remained in the hosp for 2 days. I am now having to clean up the mess myself and get the admission orders correct by him so that my account will not be screwed up and my insurance beenfits will be paid properly.

Doctor's Response

Sorry you are having such difficulty. I work purely as an admitting physician covering NAMC Emergency at night. One of my daytime partners would have assumed your care the next day and followed you through the remainder of your hospitalization. The hospital case management department is responsible for for notifying your attending doctor when your 'observation' status should be changed to 'inpatient.' Medicare and other insurers nowadays require we certify patients one or the other based on a very rigid and comprehensive set of criteria mainly designed to save money. Unfortunately in the process patients end up paying more out-of-pocket for observation stays. You could try calling 512 901 1000 and asking for the Case Management Department who can review your record and may be able to help.

Posted on January 19th, 2016