A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Shield:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Shield is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shield
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shield Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Shield, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Shield graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville.
Dr. Shield has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Bon Secours-Memorial Regional Medical
- CJW Medical Center - Chippenham Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James A Shield MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 48 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. James A. Shield practice?
- Dr. James Shield has 1 office location.
- Dr. James Shield practices Psychiatry near North Chesterfield, VA.