Dr. James Shields Jr MD Patient Reviews

3.1

October 22nd, 2016
Worst doctor ever

September 27th, 2016
Dr Shields was my DR for 2 yrs. He was rude and every time I went to him. I was crying after every visit because of how he talked to me. My knees are messed up and need replacing and he wants me to walk and lose weight. Impossible for me to do !!!

December 30th, 2015
Thief! Unstable! Needs to have license taken away!
This doctor screamed and yelled at me and this was on my first visit ( I hadn't even asked him to prescribe me any medication). When I asked him to stop he told me to shut up and told me there wasn't a time for me to ask questions only time for him to say what he wanted to say. He said I hadn't given him my entire medical record as he sat at his desk with an entire copy of my medical file from my referring physician, he just didn't want to take the time to read it. His staff is scared of him and have been poorly trained on basic issues like HIPPA and patient billing. I was scared that he might physically attack me if I stayed in his office any longer which was a small room with just me and him and he locked us in with a key that he kept and wouldn't tell me why he locked the door with a key. When I went to the front desk to ask for the telephone number to the main office to make a complaint about how he treated me and asked them if they heard him yelling at me, he came out of his office and stood over his staff to keep them from saying that they heard it. All of this after I waited 3 hours to see him, he has some serious mental health issues and should not be practicing medicine at all!! He is a danger to his patients!!

April 21st, 2015
Your treatment will depend on his mood swings. If you are lucky on a good day, Mr. Shields will talk to you for 5 min. Don't worry you will know what kind of mood he is in due to the tension or quietness of his staff. The older he gets the worse it is. Please save your energy and money, find yourself a compassionate DR who actually listens and cares, instead of someone who tells you to leave your problems at the door.

May 16th, 2014
Excellent Experience
Dr. Shields is a experienced and down to earth doctor that is rare in this day and age. I was made to feel comfortable and relaxed during my visit. Dr. Shields addresed my condition and prescribed the needed meds. for me.

October 21st, 2013
Bad Experiance!!
I have seen this Dr. Three times and my wait time was over two hrs and the other people that was in the waiting room was complaining about the same thing!I This Dr does not have any mercy on your pain at all.He does not lisson or communicate with you!!Wow is all I can say!! I have never been seen by such a horrible Dr. In all my life!!! Please take my advice and go somewhere else there is a lot of pain Drs.out there so do not go to this one!!!Thanks

March 12th, 2012
A Visit with Dr. Shield
I think the world of Dr. Shield and most of his staff. He has been wonderful to me, so I could not complain. He is one of the most caring doctor's I know. His nurse is the best when you need help with anything.

April 4th, 2011
D Smith
Dr. Shields is is respectful, patient and understanding. He is also a "regular guy" who seems to know more about life than just being a doctor. I was referred to him for treatment of multi-level lower disc and sciatic injuries and he quickly addressed the most severe symptoms, got me sleeping, and back in my right mind and back on my way to getting healthy so I could function to support my family. His staff is always warm and friendly. If you treat them with respect, they treat you very well. The person leaving a bad review here is probably a pill shopper who didn't get their fix right away. If you are a patient with real pain, willing to follow his treatment plan, you will receive good treatment, whether it is meds, therapy or injections.

February 2nd, 2011
Dr. Shields
From the very start his staff do their best to put you at ease. Dr.Shields is very efficient and puts you at ease quickly. He tells you what has been foundand the best way to treat your problem. Dr. Shields talks to you in regular language so you know what is going on.I am so glad my Internist referred me to him. He is a GREAT Dr. and a good man.

November 1st, 2010
Awesome Doctor!
I have been a patient of Dr. Shields for quite some time now, and he has ALWAYS treated me with respect. He listens to all of my problems, and then forms a plan of care to meet my needs. His staff is always so nice on the phone, and in person. Although they see a large amount of patients daily, from what i can tell, they treat each and every patient nicely. If you are looking for a good pain doctor, be referred to Dr. Shields. He is wonderful!

August 9th, 2010
Thief
This man is a horrible doctor. He does not do his job and he stole money from me. He is a horrible man as well as a horrible doctor. If you want someone who cares about your pain and not how much money he can suck out of you, go somewhere else!

April 22nd, 2010
Horrible Doctor
If you are looking for someone to help you with pain, go somewhere else.