Dr. James Shope MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

October 2nd, 2015
I will definitely go back to Dr Shope for any future needs of a Plastic Surgeon and would recommend to friends or family members

September 28th, 2015
Staff is rude

March 1st, 2015
awesome carpal tunnel is gone and so is the pain.

December 31st, 2014
unprofessional
The office staff I had to deal with was very unprofessional. AWFUL!!!!!

October 3rd, 2014
I thought the staff was really friendly and made me feel very comfortable . Yes I would recommend Dr Shope to anyone who needs a surgeon

September 24th, 2014
Would not recommend......
Will not and would not recommend this Dr.. Staff very unprofessional and clearly untrained in office proceedures....I felt uneasy and awkward from the moment I walked in... First and LAST time I go there.....

April 2nd, 2014
Awful Experience
Would never go back or recommend Dr.Shope to anyone. What according to other doctors should have been an easy surgery ending up being a nightmare. After surgery had to be admitted to hospital twice, another botched attempt to fix problem first time around. Also had to end up have two blood transfusions and last surgery had to have chest tube put in to drain blood!!

August 22nd, 2013
Amazing!!!
Dr. Shope and his whole staff are wonderful and amazing people. I have never been to a doctor's office where I have honestly just adored each and every worker. There always seems to be at least one in every office who doesn't sit well with me. I was very surprised to find that this was not the case with Dr. Shope and his staff. He is a very pleasant man who never made me feel rushed when asking questions. I never felt like I was taking up too much of his time, because he didn't make me feel that way. His staff are just an adorable bunch of young ladies who I never hesitated to call with a question because I knew they would not act aggitated with me but do what they could to answer my questions. When prescribing my pain meds for after surgery it was meds that I already take, but in a higher dose. When I went to have it filled the computer at the pharmacy would not allow it since the time wasn't up from having gotten my regular meds. When I called them with the concern that I would run out, because of doubling up, they asked who my family doctor was and called his office to let his staff know what was going on just in case I did run out. That, to me, was unbelievable. Most offices would have acted as if it weren't there problem and I would have to call my own doctor and figure something out. I truly loved my experience with Dr. Shope and his staff. I am surprised to see the few negative comments that are on here. I think they have the wrong doctor, seriously.

August 15th, 2013
AMAZING!
Dr. Shope and his Staff are some the most professional and caring people! My surgery went amazingly well, and Dr. Shope and his staff always made me feel like I was top priority each time I was seen. The whole staff came to my bed side prior to surgery. Thank you Dr. Shope for the wonderful job!

August 6th, 2013
Botched
Staff awful!

April 5th, 2013
Did not think too highly of dr.shope. What was supposed to be an easy surgery ended up being a nightmare and he seemed like he didn't want to bother with me after he made several mistakes following surgeries.

June 16th, 2011
Love this man...
Dr. Shope has really been the only doctor to be able to help my husband.Beleive me he is a God send. His nurses are the best and they make life alot easier. They beleive in you and they let you know that. I have never been closer to any Doctor before he is family. Thanks Dr. Shope for being in our life. You take the weight off of my shoulders.