Dr. James Shortt MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.0
  • 6 reviews

May 20th, 2016
My visit with Dr. Shortt was the worst experience I ever had with any type of doctor. His bedside manner does not even exist and what time he spends discussing options or answering questions was short to say the least. On my follow up visit the office did not have the MRI report and I sat for over an hour waiting, until they asked me if I would mind going to "pick them up" and bring them back. The Imaging staff told me they always have trouble with Dr. Shortt's staff and phones! When I did question his medical advice he was annoyed and raised his voice to me. When my husband and I tried to get more answers to his suggestions he told me to "go get a second opinion"! Which I did and am much better off. Terrible experience which I discussed with my insurance company.

April 8th, 2015
Poor bedside manner
Dr. Shortt was one of the rudest doctors I've ever met. He didn't even shake my hand and introduce himself to me when he walked in the exam room. He barely let me explain my issues before interrupting me with his diagnosis before he even examined me. Then he insulted me by saying he could see how bad my scoliosis was through my shirt and I was severely deformed. How rude! Never would recommend this doctor to any friends or family.

April 4th, 2015
If he can't make a bunch of money off of your problem, he's not interested in helping you.

January 29th, 2015
Rude and unprofessional. He insulted members of the VA health care system to me (a veteran) and called me a liar for forgetting to mention a possible pinched nerve which was seemingly to me to be unrelated to my current injury. Very displeased with his attitude and would not recommended him to anyone simply due to his lack of compassion and empathy.

July 16th, 2012
Great job on my shoulder.
Thank you for your care and understanding as I was going through this very painful time. My surgery was a success and I feel great now.....I have even gone back to playing tennis again.Thank you!

August 10th, 2011
never again
everything was a disaster..from the staff to the Surgery. It has been over a year and I still can't walk.