Dr. James Skahen III Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. James Skahen III?

Refused to investigate or treat my injury... which turned out to be a complete TFCC tear

Posted on February 3rd, 2015

This doctor refused to treat or even investigate my injury, even after 6 months of pain!! I can only assume it was because I told him that the injury was caused by the negligence of another doctor... which was a chiropractor. I had to find another orthopedic doctor to help me. When I told him how the injury occurred, he was concerned and referred me immediately for an MRI. The finding where a COMPLETE TEAR OF THE TFCC DISC... which required surgery! I don't know if Dr. Skahen is just incompetent or if his problem with my particular case was that I was blaming a doctor for my injury. Regardless of what his issues where, in my opinion, he should not be practicing medicine if he doesn't feel it is necessary to investigate an injury that is still causing considerable pain after 6 months. I would NEVER recommend this doctor to anyone because, after my experience with him, I question his ability to diagnose a serious problem, and I certainly question his ethics. I believe if my injury had been due to a fall, he would have treated me differently.

Posted on November 3rd, 2011

I have never been to a doctor that seemed to care so little about his patients. He did not care about what discomfort I was in .I can not comprehend how a doctor educated in this state can have so little concern toward his patients discomfort with their injurys. I would recommend against anyone seeing this Doctor for any hand injurys.I gave the receptionist two stars because I feel they had more concern for my well being than Doctor Skahen had.I would highly recommend you do some research on hand specialists in your area because frankly he seems to feel no sympathy for his patients.

Posted on May 10th, 2017