A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Slauterbeck:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Slauterbeck is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Slauterbeck, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Dislocation
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Slauterbeck graduated from University of Arizona, Tucson. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Slauterbeck has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Fletcher Allen Health Care
- Va Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Slauterbeck accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 7 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 7 plans
- Fidelis Care - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont - 12 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James R. Slauterbeck practice?
Dr. James Slauterbeck practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near South Burlington, VT.
Additional practice locations include: Colchester, VT and Burlington, VT.
See South Burlington Orthopedic Surgeons and South Burlington Surgeons.