A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Smedegard:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Smedegard is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Smedegard, MD is board certified in Addiction Psychiatry, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Smedegard graduated from University of Guadalajara, Mexico, San Antonio.
Dr. Smedegard has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Edward Hospital
- Palos Community Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Kenneth Smedegard MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 30 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, and Addiction Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. James K. Smedegard practice?
- Dr. James Smedegard has 4 office locations.
Dr. James Smedegard practices Psychiatry, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, and Addiction Psychiatry near Palos Heights, IL.
Additional practice locations include: Joliet, IL and Orland Park, IL.
See Palos Heights Psychiatrists and Palos Heights Addiction Specialists.