Dr. James Song MD Patient Reviews

• Urology Forest Hill, MD

2.8

February 28th, 2017
Awful manners - emergency call to on call dr
I called Dr. Songs answering service for an emergency medical issue. This issue was not life threating but I felt I should call to find out if we need to go to the ER or into a Urology office. This issue was bad enough to make the call. When I was transferred to Dr. Song the on call doctor, he asked about the patient, and the issue and if the patient was a current patient with his office. When I told him that we were not a current patient we had just moved in the area and our doctor was over 2 hours away he began to lecture me on that fact I should not have called for his services it was for current patients only and how rude I was for using his service. He had total disregarded the emergency at hand and my simple question of should we got to the ER. We did not call at all hours of the night it was 7:30am one hour before they are open. At the end of being yelled at by the doctor for calling him with a non-patient issue he informed me that with the issue I described we need to go to the ER right away but he was not providing that information as fact since he has never seen us before. I am discouraged and dishearten by this treatment. I had always heard pleasant things in regards to Dr. Song I have family that has been with him for years and he did amazing things for them. But this treatment was uncalled for and unprofessional.

December 28th, 2014
Former Patient
As a professtional myself, I have to say Dr. Song is not only unprofessional but extremely greedy. Knowing that I am dying from bladder cancer, he tries to schedule me for a medical procedure that has no medical benefit for me . When I refuse the procedure, he drops me as a patient. There are so many other urologists in Harford County, go see someone else. Never go to Dr. Song. Chesapeake Urologists have a nice group of doctors.