Dr. James Southwell Jr Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. James Southwell Jr?

He is very thorough.

Posted on October 27th, 2017

My husband has neuropathy in both legs. Dr. Southwell was recommended by a friend and we first started seeing him April 2017. Our first visit with him was excellent. He was very thorough and explained everything very well. He gave us time to ask questions and he answered in a very straight forward manner explaining in detail what was happening. Because we and he did not yet know the cause of the neuropathy he ordered extensive blood work and did and EMG. One of his labs came back abnormal and that helped to discover the underlying disease. Had he not have been so persistent and meticulous I suspect this would not have been discovered in it's early stages. We would highly recommend him and we will continue to see him. The medication that my husband is not on has helped his neuropathy pain immensely and we are grateful to Dr. Southwell for his help.

Posted on February 21st, 2017

Dr. Southwell has truly made a difference in my son's treatment of his health challenges and I would highly recommend him.

Posted on April 10th, 2016

I had an awesome experience with him! I would recommend him as a neurologist to anyone

Posted on November 16th, 2015

He was a good listener who took time to listen. I felt comfortable with him and am confident in diagnosis and plan for treatment. I would recommend him to family and friends.

Beware

Posted on October 12th, 2015

This was by far the worst experience I have had in medicine. He was clearly clueless as to my symptoms & was "waiting them out" to see what developed. As things got rapidly worse without his intervention, we became very concerned and sought a second opinion. The EMG was by far the worst I had ever experienced and was very painful (EMG's should NOT be painful, this was likely because he was not directly over the nerve & needed a much higher level of stimulation to get a response). Needless to say, the next physicians I went to were appalled at the mistreatment and lack of knowledge/concern by this provider and the readings from the EMG. Not only would I NOT recommend him, I would advise my own family members or friends to steer clear of this physician at all costs.

Posted on October 8th, 2015

He is amazing!!

Reestablished my faith in Neurologists

Posted on February 17th, 2015

Simply amazing; He was VERY thorough and straight to the point. Wonderful communicator.

GREAT STAFF!

Posted on April 30th, 2013

I recently was in the hospital and Dr.Southwell came to visit me. After I was released I was told to call the office and schedule a follow up appt. The gentleman that answered the phone was very helpful and was very nice. The Nurse showed great care and was very nice to me as well. Dr. Southwell spent over 1 hour with me and gave me details on all information. I was highly satisfied. The staff and Dr. Southwell seem to have a great relationship and laugh together. This is not normally seen in most doctors office. I will FOR SURE return for my next visit!

Great visit

Posted on September 30th, 2012

Great visit. He showed much caring and professionalism, but had a sense of humor. I'm going back.

Posted on October 5th, 2011

This doctor was very rude! He rushed through my visit and showed no bedside manner.

Posted on August 28th, 2009

The only thing good about this Doctor was the lady on reception.

Posted on October 12th, 2017