Dr. James Spears MD Patient Reviews

August 31st, 2016
OK
Dr Spears seemed knowledgeable, yet when my son kept complaining he shoved it off. I took my son to another orthopedic surgeon who immediately knew what the problem was and it was corrected/he has not had any trouble since. He just didn't seem to care or take the time to check it out. Sorry but I would not recommend him to anyone. A girlfriend of mine who broke her arm had him, at first she really liked him but then the same thing happened to her.

July 14th, 2015
I had shoulder surgery 5 weeks ago. He did a great job and it was a 2 1/2 hr surgery. 2 tendons torn off the posterior that were retracted and atrophied, He even split a muscle and sewed it to reinforce atrophied muscle. Torn Labrum and bone spurs in the A/C joint. So far zero pain killers needed. Slow recovery because of the tendons need time to heal. I've been able to do some things but Motion machine to keep joint working and icing are taking up a lot of time. It's been great being able to sleep on my back again after 2 years. I'm looking forward to PT but understand that with amount of trauma it needs to go slowly. Thanks for the great job.

February 12th, 2015
Great results!

June 11th, 2012
Ongoing patient
Dr Spears has preformed several procedures and each and every time it is top notch professional care.

August 23rd, 2011
really helped my knee
i tore my ACL and had to have reconstruction. Now i'm as good as new! he explained everything and was a great comfort through the whole ordeal.Great job.

August 25th, 2010
Dr. Spears is the most qualified and competent doc in town!
I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Spears as a doctor and as a person. I had my ACL done a couple years back and it is stronger than ever and feels great! His technical skills are off the charts and he is the nicest and most compassionate surgeon I have run into. The other day I ran into him at the grocery store: He saw me from across the way before I even noticed and he walked over, remembered my name, and asked how everything was doing after 2 years! I have done quite a bit of reading about doctors in town and I have read that Dr. Spears graduated from top notch medical programs and was selected and completed a fellowship program (which basically teaches you how to be the best of the best) with the #1 ortho surgeon in the WORLD (Dr. James Andrews)... So, to me, when selecting a doctor to do my surgery it was a no brainer. Overall great experience and I could not be happier. Go see Dr. Spears

June 14th, 2010
Dr. Spears is the Best!
Nothing to dislike about this man ... he defines the term "The Good Doctor".

September 14th, 2009
to me he is TOPS
HE CLEANED OUT MY LEFT SHOLDER 9 YEARS AGO AND IT IS STILL GOING STRONG. HE REPLACED MY RIGHT SHOULDER 2007, I COULDN'T HOLD A PLATE OR LIFT IT AND NOW IT WORKS GREAT. 2008. REPLACED MY RIGHT KNEE AND AM DOING GREAT. HAD IT DONE IN OCTOBER, BY DEC I WAS WALKING GREAT. I AM 63 YEARS OLD. WHEN I COME TO MY JOINTS, HE IS THE ONLY DR. THAT WILL TOUCH ME. MY HUSBAND AND I THINK HE A GREAT DOCTOR AND EASY TO TALK TO. I NEVER HAD APROBLEM WITH THE OFFICE STAFF OR THE NURSES. THEY DON'T GIVE OUT THE PERSCRIPTIONS FOR PAIN MEDS VERY EASILY BUT I DON'T BLAME ANY DOCTOR FOR BEING CAREFUL ABOUT THAT KIND OF THING. I KNOW I WOULD BE SO THAT DOESN'T BOTHER ME IN THE LEAST. I KNOW THAT THEY ARE BEING CAREFUL FOR MY BENIFIT AS WELL AS THEIR OWN.

September 10th, 2009
My impression of Dr. Spears is favorable. He is personable and takes the time to answer all questions and concerns.My only complaint would have to be with the wait times between the appointment time and actual time you get to see the doctor - which was approx. 45 minutes on last visit.