Dr. James Spivey MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 30th, 2015
Best Clinician
I've known this physician for 16 years. Worked for him as well. By far the best clinician I've experienced.

August 20th, 2014
Bad Doctor
I was a patient of Dr Spivey's for about 15 years and I feel like he has practiced way too long. My attitude toward him went south the day he asked me if Bi-Polar history was in my family. He then asked me if I knew what the word "rage" means. My response was why would you ask me either of those questions. His response was to scream the word RAGE. I was so shocked that a doctor would act a such unprofessional matter. I have found a great doctor since then who listens and makes good judgement calls. Inaccurate diagnosis was also a big problem I had with Doctor Spivey. I found out as soon as I left him that I had to have neck surgery consisting of 6 fussions. I went back on the patient portal and actually read what I had described to this doctor such as constant tingling in my hands and feet and he never sent me for an MRI. I would never recommend this doctor to anybody.

March 28th, 2014
Crazy intake process
Internal Med Spec of Atlanta wants to do a background history on you before accepting you as a patient. Couldn't make an appt. Receptionist took my info and basic med history, told me she had to talk to doctor to see if he wanted to accept me as a patient and would call me back once he made a decision. Receptionist called me back to say Dr. would not take me as a patient but wanted to refer me to his PA. Really never heard of this before. According to Humana, they are accepting new patients. Didn't see the part about only if they think your health is what they are looking for. Receptionist was nice about telling me this stupid process.

September 14th, 2011
The best
I have been to Dr. Spivey for the past 3 years, and he is by far the best I have ever had...He is extremely interested in all my health needs and has always made me feel like I was the only patient scheduled that day...Excellent doctor...

May 16th, 2011
A Caring Doctor
After my previous physician of 10 years left the area, I started going to Dr. Spivey. From the time I called for the appointment to the time I left the office, I felt very welcome as a patient. The staff is wonderful, and Dr. Spivey is an excellent doctor. He listens and takes time to explain the examination and follow up treatments when recommends. I am so happy that I chose Dr. Spivey as my primary care physician, and I highly recommend him to all.

January 14th, 2011
Dr. Spivey Review
I switched to Dr. Spivey a year ago when my previous doctor always seemed to be rushed and was not listening to me during an appointment. Friends reco ...

July 12th, 2010
BEST DOCTOR IMAGINABLE
I've been seeing Dr. Spivey for 15 years and wouldn't think of going to anyone else. My first appointment was for an annual physical and I was not aware of having any symptoms or ailments. During the intake exam, Dr. Spivey asked many questions and listened carefully to my answers. As a result, he diagnosed and treated me for a problem that had affected me for my entire life -- unbeknownst to me! The problem had always been part of my life, so I hadn't known anything else. After treatment, my quality of life improved to the point that it felt miraculous.Dr. Spivey is warm, compassionate, thorough and very attentive -- while maintaining excellent boundaries. His approach lets me know that he really cares about me and wants me to be in good health. The office staff members are helpful, courteous, friendly, effective and efficient. I have never had a problem getting appointments, whether for a well-check, sick or follow-up appointment. On several occasions, Dr. Spivey has called me to follow up on test results. The office is in a light- and antique-filled historic house. The waiting room is actually the living room of the original home, making it interesting, warm and comfortable.The practice keeps a great selection of current magazines, but I never get to read them because I never have to wait! The exam rooms have signs that say the doctors are committed to giving patients as much time as they want and need -- and it tells patients to report feeling rushed. Where else would you find such a sign?Dr. Spivey is the best doctor imaginable and it's a great pleasure to see him.

November 23rd, 2016