inactive

James M Standefer Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

July 6th, 2015
great neurosurgeon
Very good doctor and knows his stuff.

February 5th, 2015
good doctor and good results!

July 14th, 2014
L 5 Disc replacement
Wow!! I was having severe pain and it was putting a damper on my life. I had a L5 disc replacement, spent 1 night in the hospital. Within 1 week I was walking 1 mile. Within 6 months I ran my 1st 5k race after surgery, and within 18 months I was winning races for my age group. Great job!!! Great staff!!!

February 15th, 2013
Awesome neurosurgeon
I saw Dr. Standefer in Springdale. He is a very smart doctor with a lot of experience. He did surgery on my L4-L5 and I am doing great. I can finally walk and exercise without pain again. His staff is very nice and caring. As with all neurosurgeons it happens that an app gets canceled do to emergency surgeries but I was always rescheduled by Prescilla, his assistant. I would recommend him highly and would have him operate on my family members any time if they needed it.

August 1st, 2012
Dr has Very Poor Knowlege
Saw the Dr for 2 herniated disks and having 2 MRI's his conclusion was "He did not know what to do: Tried physical threapy with his Total Spine PT and after 2 sessions the pain was so bad I spent 3 days flat on the floor. Stay away from this guy if he has 29 years experience I would like to know what it is in.

May 14th, 2012
Wonderful and knowledgable Doctor and Awesome Staff
I was seeing Dr. Swicegood & Dr. Miller, pain managers, for two months. Dr. Swicegood was concerned that I was not improving as he liked. He called Dr Standefer right in front of me, made an appt for the same week. Dr Standefer assistant Prescilla came in and told the docter will be right in. He just came from surgery earlier and needed to look at my MRI. He started doing xrays right then...He found out what was wrong with me for years that others doctors never mentioned. We told him we may go to Mayo and he said that was fine but he still wanted to know why this happened to my back. He ordered CTscan, bloodwork, nuclear bone scan. My husband and I were convinced right then and there. We still may go to Mayo if Dr Standefer thinks that will be best. But that will be his decision. I am going on Wedneday for the results. Dont miss out on a great doctor. One thing people need to understand is that he is very smart man and sometimes he doesnt remember that everyone is not on his level. That is the same with most doctors in his profession.

October 28th, 2011
Left huge knot!
Did surgery to fuse several of my mothers neck bones together. My mother had recently lost a lot of weight and once the surgery healed the had a huge knot on the back of her neck. He told her it was because she was so skinny, but a new doctor now did x-ray and said it was fused together funny and didnt heal correctly! Hes crap.