A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Stearns:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Stearns, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Anterior Segment Surgery
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Education & Awards
Dr. Stearns graduated from University of Kentucky , Lexington.
Dr. Stearns has 5 hospital affiliations:
- St Mary's Medical Center - Evansville
- Methodist Hospital Union County
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Stearns accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Bluegrass Family Health - 2 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans