A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Stearns:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Stearns
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Stearns Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Stearns, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Anterior Segment Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Stearns graduated from University of Kentucky , Lexington.
Dr. Stearns has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Methodist Hospital Union County
- St Mary's Medical Center - Evansville
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Michael Stearns MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 45 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. James M. Stearns practice?
- Dr. James Stearns has 1 office location.
Dr. James Stearns practices Ophthalmology near Henderson, KY.
See Henderson Ophthalmologists.