A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Steckelberg:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Steckelberg, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Bacterial Endocarditis
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Infectious Arthritis (septic arthritis)
- Prosthesis-Related Infections
- Strep Infection (Streptococcal Infections)
- Yeast Infection (Candidiasis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Steckelberg graduated from Mayo Medical School, Rochester. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Steckelberg has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Rochester Methodist Hospital
- St Marys Hospital - Rochester
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Steckelberg accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota - 1 plan
- Humana - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan