Family Physicians

St Joseph's Hospital Health Center
301 Prospect Ave
Syracuse, NY 13203
315-448-5101
Locations and availability (1)

1.0

|  There to hand out business cards  |  show details
Jul 7th, 2014

Upon an emergency at St. Joseph's Hospital emergency room, the nurses and hospital staff were fantastic and took care of my child in our time of need. I have fully insurance through an employer and held my insurance card like a badge during every inch of our Emergency room visit. Both my wife and I asked at every counter, nurses station and interaction if they not only accept our insurance plan, but fully participate in the plan, not just taking something from insurance and then billing us the full amount thereafter. After all was said and done, and my son was to be released, we saw Dr. Steinman for the first time as we were packing up to leave the ER, he handed me a business card and said if there is anything he can do for me to just call, we had no idea he was even our child's assigned Dr at the time as he had never seen him. Not only that, he denied accepting our insurance after repeatedly asking if everyone accepted. Now I am fully insured for catastrophic events, I sincerely think he held outside of the room as I asked the attending nurses and PA's about our plan to swoop in at billing time and get his un-fair share...we have been arguing with his billing office since November 2013 (8 months)