A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Stempel is Excellent. Dr. Stempel has been reviewed by 8 patients who have provided 6 comments. The rating is 4 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Stempel, MD, FACOG is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Stempel graduated from Oregon Health & Science University, Portland. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Stempel has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Providence Portland Medical Center
- Providence Medford Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Stempel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Providence Health Plan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield - 6 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. James Stempel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James E. Stempel practice?
Dr. James Stempel practices Obstetrics & Gynecology near Portland, OR.
See Portland Obstetricians & Gynecologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Diego Stempel, Dr. Jaime Stempel, Dr. Santiago Stempel, Dr. Jacques Stempel