Dr. James Swain MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 29th, 2016
Best Surgeon I've had
I had a difficult revision surgery to remove an eroded mesh. Dr. Swain was able to make a quick and necessary decision after seeing that the surgery was more difficult that it showed in the pre-op tests. He was at the hospital every day after surgery to make sure I was OK, even on weekends. I am doing wonderful thanks to his care and his staff support.

January 21st, 2016
patient from the mayo clinic
This man and his staff saved my husband life. I am ever so grateful for this man. Words can't say enough

August 23rd, 2015
Awesome, thorough, informative.

December 30th, 2013
RNY Patient @ Scottsdale Shea
Dr. Swain is the FIRST doctor that I felt like really listened to me, and so much so, I asked him if I could give him a hug. I know it sounds cheesy, but if you knew me, you'd know that giving hugs to random strangers, especially a physician, is definitely outside of the norm for me. I would absolutely recommend him!

September 25th, 2013
Dr. Swain is incredible!
Dr. Swain in the most compassionate and thorough surgeon and doctor that I've ever been to. He is really personable, extremely good at his job, and understands the many facets of obesity. I can honestly say that I know Dr. Swain cares about me as a person, and is vested in my overall health. I am 6 months post op from the VSG, and attribute my successful weight loss to all of the education and tools that were given to me by Dr. Swain and his staff. If you are struggling with obesity, I'd encourage you to go through a consultation with him. From the very first conversation I had with him, I felt completely at ease and knew that I was in good hands. I have been extremely impressed, and have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Swain.

March 6th, 2013
I made an appt for Dr. Swain, but went go to office and my appt was switched to Dr. Reynoso. Much to my insisting request to see Dr.Swain and was so glad that I waited for him. He has given me such peace about getting my issue resolved. I have hope and can feel he has the determination to help me resolution to my idir

November 9th, 2012
Arrogant and rude
I saw him in the hospital on an emergency basis. Without seeing films he was sure he knew what was wrong with me. After participating in my endoscopy he confirmed his diagnosis an scheduled surgery the next day. However, every in hospital visit after that went like this ,"Good morning Doctor, I have a question." Dr Swain would reply, "Well make it fast. I have patients awaiting surgery." I never got a good morning, how are you feeling, nothing. He would prescribe meds after he left that did not work well the first few dasy