Dr. James Cox MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Flower Mound, TX

2.6

November 30th, 2015
Dr. Cox's nurse Denise is professional but she never did get to me about my biopsy results. Office staff that answers phones, sucks. Mellisa hung up on me twice because she said I was talking too loud to her. My husband and I both go for colonoscopies and we will be looking for another Dr. I like and trust Dr. cox, but my huisband cant stand him. He does send you for too many unnecessary tests.

April 12th, 2015
Ihave used this DR for years and he has never did follow up . When I have had something done a test staff calles me and tell me what was found. But dosent tell me what to do about it . He dose not take care of you at all. He seems not to care.

October 4th, 2013
Rude, asked me to stop interrupting him. Will never go to or recommend he or Mehta ever again. Only in it got money. They also own the Baylor surgery center in lewisville and double dip by recommending procedures before they will help you and in my case told me I had a bad prep, which I used what they ordered, and telling me I had to do it again and telling me I had to pay for it twice. You have choices, pick another doctor!!! hide details ▲

November 14th, 2011
Office staff was rude and difficult to work with.
I simply wanted to schedule the colonoscopy and upper GI series together prior to the end of the year to avoid deductible. I had to make arrangements to have previous records sent to me. I did that and office staff explained that I was banned because I was too difficult. They could have advised me of this earlier and saved me a lot of time.

September 23rd, 2010
Dr. Cox likes to order test after test after test and still comes up with nothing. I understand that nothing is an exact science but when you have one doctor saying it's one thing and you have another doctor saying it is the same thing, he still wants an expensive test done to tell him the same thing.

July 14th, 2010
all he did was order expensive tests and meds. no preliminary blood work for infection, celiac, parasites or other basics. terrible. a $10 book will give you better results

March 31st, 2009
The setting for a colonoscopy makes a difference. Surgery Center of Lewisville treats you like a "case"; very assembly-line fashion. At Lone Star Endoscopy in Coleyville, the staff was much more caring and treated you like an individual.