Dr. James Doyle MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

July 19th, 2015
I had heard horrible things about how a colonoscopy would go. The entire staff and the procedure were very organized, professional and efficient.

July 13th, 2015
Excellent gastroenterologist
Excellent physician. Takes time with you, and is very insightful.

April 20th, 2015
I saw Dr Doyle twice. The first was during the summer of 2013, when I was referred to him after an ER visit that diagnosed me with colitis. Despite years of digestive issues and recent severe abdominal pain, he didn't feel the need to do a colonscopy. I saw him again in May 2014, after a different doctor diagnosed me with cancer that was probably metastatic from my colon. I was able to get in to see Dr Doyle in 2 days for a scope, where he confirmed the diagnosis of colon cancer. He stated that my tumor was in my sigmoid and took biopsies. A pet/ct scan a few days later found that my cancer was actually at my splenic flexure, not in my sigmoid. Despite having a softball sized tumor that was obstructing my colon removed a week after the scope, he somehow missed my actual tumor and all biopsies were negative. He also used minimal monitoring (a pulse oximeter and blood pressure cuff) during the scope, which is substandard for the sedation that was given. Needless to say, I used a different GI for my next scope and will not be going back to Dr Doyle.

February 10th, 2013
Great Doctor For Me
Dr. Doyle really takes the time to explain everything to me. I feel like he truly cares about my well being. Has a great bedside manner, I really am feeling much better.

May 15th, 2012
Great Diagnostician Bad Doctor
This doctor was good at one thing and one thing only. He seemed to have a knack for accurately diagnosing me. He managed to find and treat several different gastrointestinal ailments over the course of several years.However, being great at diagnosing someone only goes so far. If you don't have a good bedside manner then you still are only a sub-par doctor. This particular doctor made false accusations towards and about me without any inquiry and then wrote these false claims in my chart. He discharged me from his practice without warning and told me that my general practitioner could help me find a new gastroenterologist. Well, it isn't that easy when someone writes defamatory statements in your chart. I would recommend you think twice before taking Dr. Doyle on as your doctor because otherwise, you may find that his colleagues and friends are the ones who are doing the thinking and re-thinking.