James Leonard Is this you?

Dr. Jim Leonard

Posted on October 23rd, 2015

As an adhd warrior since the early 70s I am a bit of a connoisseur of doctors. Dr. Leonard was an exceptional psychiatrist. I have never had the pleasure of seeing another doctor with the same academic discipline and passion to actually read the journals and go to various conferences. Every appointment inlcuded a detailed run down on the latest advances in medication and any relevant research news and updates. He was also capable of expressing sincere concern and care for me as a patient without havimg some alterior motive or creepiness. Truly an amazing human being and my favorite psychiatrist. He was able to really encourage me and boost my adhd fractured self-esteem. RIP Dr. Leonard. Thanks for being an incredible human being.

Posted on March 20th, 2015

I am very sad to learn of Jim's death. He was a friend through middle school and high school. I went to the senior prom with Jim. We both graduated high school and went on to Indiana University , graduated, and then we we went separate ways and lost touch. The Jim I remember was an intellectual and filled with compassion.

Excellent doctor

Posted on August 20th, 2014

Unfortunately Dr. Leonard is now deceased. He saved my life. He was always present, very calm &excellent bedside manor. He was understanding and help me find what worked for me through many rounds of trial & error. He is greatly missed.

Posted on August 15th, 2014

I have often wondered what happened to Dr. Leonard. He was one of the most amazing Psychs I had ever known and he was absolutely brilliant. I went to his memorial years ago but at that time, no one would say cause of death. To this day, YEARS later, it still plagues me as to what happened to the guy. Does anyone know or will it forever be a mystery? Why isn't there anything on his passing? Why so secretive. He was well loved and I could tell this not only by myself but the hordes of people who showed up at his memorial. Everyone agreed he was a doctor with a tremendous amount of compassion and extreme intellect. Well respected all around. I wish I knew the answer...

Dr Leonard committed suicide - forget your records

Posted on January 3rd, 2014

No kidding... my last office visit with him he went kinda nuts and started telling me about HIS personal problems. I felt so sad for him. He was clearly losing it. Then a week later I had to call in a refill and no one was there. I waited several days (until I began to go into withdrawals) and called around to other shrinks until one told me this. My current shrink also knew about it

Dr Leonard was a great Doctor. RIP. ..How do I get my records??

Posted on March 26th, 2012

I am also looking to get my records from Dr. Leonard to forward to another Doctor.So far I have been unsuccessful and I am very frustrated. There has been no way to contact anyone from his office. Has anyone else been successful and if so, how? Thank you.

Posted on August 28th, 2010

Dr.James T. Leonard was a great doctor and has a heart of gold. I was saddend of his sudden passing. I was very thankful on what he had done to me. I don't think I can find a doctor like him anymore.

Posted on April 18th, 2009

Dr. James Leonard was great. His practice closed unexpectedly in mid 2008. Does anyone know what happened to him???

How Do I get my File ???

Posted on January 2nd, 2009

Dr. Leonard was a Grrreeeeaaattt psychiatrist. Me & my mom were both patients and loved him dearly. We currently have a new one due to his passing (R.I.P.) However I need to get my file transferred and don't know how to get a hold of it or someone who can transfer it. Any Suggestions.. or anyone with the same problem or a solution ???

Posted on December 12th, 2015