A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James May:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James May is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. May
Birth Control Patient Education Patient information guide about birth control and various types of reversable and irreversable contraception techniques.Before Visiting Dr. May Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James May, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Digestive System Cancer
- Hypovolemia (Low Blood Volume)
- Palliative Care
- Sickle Cell Anemia
Education & Awards
Dr. May graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond.
Dr. May has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Bon Secours-Memorial Regional Medical
- St. Mary's Hospital of Richmond
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James T May MD is a male Internist, has 38 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. James T. May practice?
- Dr. James May has 11 office locations.
Dr. James May practices Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology near North Chesterfield, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Midlothian, VA and Richmond, VA.