Dr. James Sutton MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 2nd, 2017
Cntradicting
Not impressed, his bedside manner is just ok. Staff is friendly, however after I began asking him about treating restless leg syndrom and how they treat it along with success rate he interrupted and said he doesnt treat that because he does not believe it to be a real condition, so i pulled out his brochure from his front office and asked why it was listed on HIS brochure as something he treats......

November 5th, 2016
Dr Sutton's is the man! He performed a femoral bypass on my right leg. My first visit with Dr Sutton's staff and then the doctor himself couldn't have been more caring and professional. We reviewed what and how the procedure would go and recovery time. Absolutely right on the money. Dr my wife and I can't thank you enough!

July 31st, 2016
Poor staff
Dr. Sutton is nice and a really good doctor but the staff is unprofessional, immature and uneducated. I overheard his surgery scheduler gossiping about another girl in the office when they brought me into her office. I would not recommend him unless he changes his staff.

May 20th, 2013
Outstanding Doc!
I couldn't be happier with Dr. Sutton and his team at Volusia Surgical Associate's. He was extremely kind and did an outstanding job with my surgery. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs a general surgeon.

May 9th, 2010
DR SUTTON IS A GREAT DOCTOR
I ASSURE YOU HE IS A EXCELLENT DOCTOR, I AM CONFIDENT HE IS EXTREMELY ON THE BALL WITH HIS FIELD. BUT FOR SOME REASON I HAVE NOT BEEN LUCKY ENOUGHT TO HAVE SUCESS WITH HIM. I JUST WANT TO STATE FOR THE RECORD, IT IN NOT HIS FAULT. I HAVE JUST BECOME LUCKY TO HAVE ISSUES THAT ARE NOT IN ANY MEDICAL JOURNAL OR ANYTHING THE DOCTORS HAVE LEARNED IN SCHOOL. I RECCOMEND HIM WITH ALL MY HEART, BUT WITH THE DEEPEST REGRET NOT FOR ME

April 20th, 2010
wonderful
I was referred to Dr. Sutton by another dr. for possible surgery. Just the thought of surgery had me very anxious and nervous. The minute he came into the room and started talking to me, I felt more at ease. I really sensed that he was a good surgeon, and he didn't try to rush out the door for the next person. He stopped to talk to me in pre-op...the first time any surgeon has done that with me. Several of the nurses at Halifax mentioned (without being asked) that he was very good and that either they or their family members had been operated on by him. The staff knows what's going on at the hospital, and who is good and who isn't. For them to volunteer their high opinions reinforced my belief that I had chosen well. My surgery was outpatient and laparascopic, routine for him...not routine for me! I was pleased that everything went according to plan with no complications.