A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Telfer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Telfer is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Telfer
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Telfer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Telfer, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Telfer graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville.
Dr. Telfer has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital
- Saint Joseph Mercy Livingston Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James L Telfer MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 31 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James L. Telfer practice?
- Dr. James Telfer has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Telfer practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Ypsilanti, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Saline, MI.
See Ypsilanti Surgeons.