Dr. James Tess MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Orland Park, IL

• Good
  • Bad

August 3rd, 2016
We have been patients of Dr. Tess for over 20 years. He is very friendly and spends the time to talk with you and work out any issues you may be having, and he will do additional research to find any additional information to help. He is very knowledgeable. He is a great doctor. His promptness of appointments may not be excellent but that is because he is not rushing his patients to get in and get out. He spends the time with his patients, so just because you waited an additional 15 minutes don't feel rushed on your appointment he may spend an additional 15 minutes with you.

August 27th, 2015
Very knowledgeable and spends time with patient.

May 15th, 2015
They use an automated system to answer their phones. The wait to see Dr. is too long, over an hour. Making a same day appointment is difficult or impossible. I've arrived on time for appointments only to find the Dr. has not even arrived yet. I have a new Dr. now.

December 30th, 2014
His office staff and nurse were very friendly. I felt that the doctor took time with me and explained everything very well. The doctor is extremely thorough!

February 7th, 2013
I went to a dif. local doctor and was treated like crap. Even yelled at by staff. Watched them put people on hold and gossip. SOOO I took a chance by chaning to Dr. Tess. He CARES about ME as a person. Listens and lets me be part of my medcal plan!!! I could switch to a HMO and save tons of money but I wont give up Dr. Tess.

October 14th, 2012
He is one of the most caring doctors. He truly listens every time I see him. I would recommend him to anyone who wants a doctor who listens to them. He know that people know their own bodies and takes that into consideration when making a diagnosis.

August 1st, 2012
Something is wrong here
Same day appointments are scarce. Waiting room times exceed 1hr. Doctor sees drug company reps in between patient appointments making your wait, once inside the exam room even longer. Doctor spends a maximum of 5 mins in exam room unless you start asking questions. Then he will quickly answer, nodding impatiently as he heads out the door. I am looking for a new family Dr. which upsets me. We really used to like Dr. Tess and now we can't even get someone to answer the phone or get an appointment when we are sick. I can go to immediate care if I want to be treated this way.

April 13th, 2012
Absolutely Disgraceful...
I initially went to Dr. Tess based on great reviews. However, my experiences have not been so positive. First and foremost, the staff. Receptionist's are callous, non-responsive and uncaring. Called on a Thursday for an appointment and receptionist says not until at least maybe Tuesday..OK, but I am very ill. Passes me on to the nurse. Nurse tells my wife "no appointments maybe your husband can go to the ER or Urgent Care. Will call tomorrow to see what we can do." No thank you, took their advice and went to another doctor. Taken right in with the other MD for bronchitis and treated promptly. They did call the next day as I was driving to say come right over. I replied are you kidding me? I am driving on a highway, I have already been seen by another MD and NOW you can take me on? I expressed my displeasure to the nurse(yes you Barb) and in a completely unprofessional tone she stated "I will relay your message to the Dr. and you can have a Happy Easter." Yeah, and I hope your family suffers the way I did. I also had other instances of unprofessionalism prior to this visit. For example, I tried to make an appointment a number of months ago and the phone kept ringing and ringing. I had my wife stop by the office when she was seeing her MD in the same medical complex. My wife was in disbelief when she saw the secretary having some personal chat time.And there is a lot more.... If you do end up going to this office(not sure why) and you get an appointment(not sure how), then here are some rules.1) Blood draws: They will try to make things difficult with later appointments. Just tell them you will go to Quest Labs, I need 8:00AM. Amazing how fast they find an opening so that the MD can get his money.2) You go wherever you want for your ancillary services i.e. MRI's CT scans. Silver Cross is not the only option.

September 6th, 2011
Disappointed lately
I left Dr. Bolls practice 10 yrs ago to follow Dr. Tess to his new one. I was very pleased with his bedside manner and his expertise. I will have to agree with the other two reviews. The office lately is a bit rushed. Calls are not returned in a timely manner. I mean come on, people calling are sick, not ordering food. They actually expect you to leave a message and sit and wait to wonder if and when someone will call back. Not the best practice for small children who do not plan sickness. Really, getting a same day appointment has become a joke. I am really sorry to write this but I am hoping they read these and try listening to their patients. And Dr. Tess making time to visit with drug reps DURING patient appt times it just not right. I see Dr. Tess losing patients, but not really sure if he would notice. And forget about the follow ups. No one calls you. I had to take one of my family members to the urgent care and THEY called me to follow up two days later.

May 17th, 2011
Very glad he is my Doctor, no problems at all...
I have been a patient of Dr. Tesss for over seven years and could not be happier. I have not experienced any rudeness from any of the office staff and find Dr. Tess to be as caring as he was when I first started with him. He is indeed very busy professionally and a caring family man as well. Perhaps some patients feel rushed but in my experience he spends the perfect amount of time with me.Dr. Tess is a genuine person, with a very nice personality but perhaps most importantly he is a great doctor who literally saved my life. He is thorough and a great diagnostician. In the end it is the quality of the medical care that one receives that is most important and I feel privileged to be a patient in his practice. He had closed his practice to new patients for a while (perhaps it is still is closed, I dont know for sure) and I am grateful that I took the opportunity to start with him when I did.If you are considering Dr. Tess as your personal physician and he is still accepting new patients let me encourage you to proceed. You will not regret that you did.

September 25th, 2010
Hoping things improve
My family & I have been seeing Dr. Tess for over 10 yrs. I have to agree with the other reviewer that lately Dr. Tess seems "rushed". He used to be more caring. Now he just seems like he's in one big hurry. Which is understandable, he's a great Dr. so he has lots of patients, but when you wait near an hour to see him, you should not feel rushed during your visit, especially when Dr. takes time to visit with reps from drug companies during office hours. As for follow ups, there are none. Nurses are great, but again, I agree the receptionist could use some help in the compassion dept...she does answer the phone for a Dr.s office, I think she should at least express some human kindness in her voice. I think Dr. should not take any new patients and stop rushing appts with patients...maybe send that receptionist to a class on customer service or something.

February 14th, 2010
Serving profession?
I've been a patient for a very long time. I'm finding that within the past year, it's difficult to get an appointment, the girl at the front desk is rude and curt, and I've felt disregarded by Dr. Tess. Never once has he personally called me or gone out of his way to express concern. I used to feel like he truly cared, now I feel he's too good for me.