Overall Review

November 17th, 2015
I was referred to Dr Thorp by my local ob in pc FL I was a high risk pregnancy with twins. One of my twins had no amniotic fluid my entire pregnancy but Dr Thorp and his staff where amazing and with them and God my twins are now 15 months old doing amazing.

March 17th, 2015
Wonderful physician who really takes his time to thoroughly explain everything and answer patient questions.

February 4th, 2014
Saved my son!!
I was referred to Dr. Thorp to due to a family history of down syndrome. We did not experience any concerns in that area, but Dr. Thorp found that I had a shortened and funneling cervix at 18 weeks. Although he instructed me to cancel my vacation plans to Hawaii the next week, I was relieved knowing I had a doctor that was concerned for my safety and that of my son. Two weeks later Dr Thorp made a decision that saved my sons life. He scheduled me for an emergency cerclage (on the 4th of July). During the procedure my bag was bulging and Dr. Thorp skillfully inserted a cerclage that allowed me to continue to carry my son. Just 8 weeks later I went into preterm labor and Dr Thorp again took very good care of me, and my pregnancy continued. Throughout all of this I received caring and detailed information about everything that was happening. Dr Thorp always remained calm and humble. At 36 weeks, my now 4 year old son was born! Time to time I just look at my son and think what a godsend Dr. Thorp was and that if it werent for him and his god given talent, my son may not be here today. Thank you Dr. Thorp!

February 10th, 2012
Excellent OB Specialist
Dr. Thorp managed my high risk pregnancy in 2011, and I was very impressed with the quality of care I got from him and the other doctors in his office. Ultimately my daughter had to have several intra-uterine blood transfusions and Dr. Thorp even re-arranged his schedule to make sure he was personally there for each one of them. The other doctors in his office are extremely competent (and super nice) and did a lot of the office checkups, but it meant a lot to me that Dr. Thorp personally oversaw the procedures. He and his staff made it look "easy" (even though I'm sure it was not!) to bring my daughter to full term, healthy and in good shape. I feel very confident recommending him for anyone who is dealing with a high risk pregnancy.

August 24th, 2011
Top Notch MFM
Dr. Thorp is far and away the most knowledgable doctor I have ever had the pleasure to meet. He explained every detail of my complicated pregnancy in way that my husband and I could understand. I recommend Dr. Thorp without reservation!

July 12th, 2010
high risk maternalnfetal medicine!
I came to see Dr Thorpe at the lowest time in my pregnancy with positive triple screen with no family Hz. He was very assuring about the incidences of false positive test and gave me option for an amnio which I was scared at first but I needed to know whether my baby was going to be ok.. either way I was going to keep the baby but I just wanted that reassurance that everything was ok and I found Dr Thorpe to be calm and reassuring when all odds were against me. Faith brought me through. It was the most nerve wrecking feeling throughout the pregnancy wondering how my baby is even though the preliminary tests showed that the baby was normal. I am glad to report a health baby neurologically who turns 9 months this month. Thanks Dr Thorpe and your staff for taking your time and reassurance during a stressful time in my life!