Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
Northeast Pensacola
Sacred Heart Medical Group
5153 N 9th Ave
Pensacola, FL 32504
850-416-2477
Locations and availability (8)

|  Saved my son!!  |  show details
Feb 4th, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Thorp to due to a family history of down syndrome. We did not experience any concerns in that area, but Dr. Thorp found that I had a shortened and funneling cervix at 18 weeks. Although he instructed me to cancel my vacation plans to Hawaii the next week, I was relieved knowing I had a doctor that was concerned for my safety and that of my son. Two weeks later Dr Thorp made a decision that saved my sons life. He scheduled me for an emergency cerclage (on the 4th of July). During the procedure my bag was bulging and Dr. Thorp skillfully inserted a cerclage that allowed me to continue to carry my son. Just 8 weeks later I went into preterm labor and Dr Thorp again took very good care of me, and my pregnancy continued. Throughout all of this I received caring and detailed information about everything that was happening. Dr Thorp always remained calm and humble. At 36 weeks, my now 4 year old son was born! Time to time I just look at my son and think what a godsend Dr. Thorp was and that if it werent for him and his god given talent, my son may not be here today. Thank you Dr. Thorp!

|  A terifying experience  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2012

My daughter in law and son went to see this Dr for genetic testing. The first visit he took a history from her and her mother. Said the chances of problems were less than 15% and everything looked good and he would know more after next ultrasound. Now, 3 wks later he entered the room,asked why they hadn't gotten the records he never mentioned. Said he thought they just didn't care about the seriousness and that if they had gotten the records to him they would have had "options" but now it was too late. he asked the technician how the ultrasound looked and when she said "good" he told them to "have a good day" and left the room. I now have a 5month first time mother in bed, crying, unable to eat. This is a specialist??

|  Excellent OB Specialist  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2012

Dr. Thorp managed my high risk pregnancy in 2011, and I was very impressed with the quality of care I got from him and the other doctors in his office. Ultimately my daughter had to have several intra-uterine blood transfusions and Dr. Thorp even re-arranged his schedule to make sure he was personally there for each one of them. The other doctors in his office are extremely competent (and super nice) and did a lot of the office checkups, but it meant a lot to me that Dr. Thorp personally oversaw the procedures. He and his staff made it look "easy" (even though I'm sure it was not!) to bring my daughter to full term, healthy and in good shape. I feel very confident recommending him for anyone who is dealing with a high risk pregnancy.

|  Top Notch MFM  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2011

Dr. Thorp is far and away the most knowledgable doctor I have ever had the pleasure to meet. He explained every detail of my complicated pregnancy in way that my husband and I could understand. I recommend Dr. Thorp without reservation!

|  high risk maternalnfetal medicine!  |  show details
by imn on Jul 12th, 2010

I came to see Dr Thorpe at the lowest time in my pregnancy with positive triple screen with no family Hz. He was very assuring about the incidences of false positive test and gave me option for an amnio which I was scared at first but I needed to know whether my baby was going to be ok.. either way I was going to keep the baby but I just wanted that reassurance that everything was ok and I found Dr Thorpe to be calm and reassuring when all odds were against me. Faith brought me through. It was the most nerve wrecking feeling throughout the pregnancy wondering how my baby is even though the preliminary tests showed that the baby was normal. I am glad to report a health baby neurologically who turns 9 months this month. Thanks Dr Thorpe and your staff for taking your time and reassurance during a stressful time in my life!