A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Tovey:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Tovey is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Tovey
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Tovey Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Tovey, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Sprains and Strains
- Tennis Elbow
- Trigger Finger Disorder
Education & Awards
Dr. Tovey graduated from UMDNJ, Newark.
Dr. Tovey has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Somerset Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Edward Tovey MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 26 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James E. Tovey practice?
- Dr. James Tovey has 1 office location.
Dr. James Tovey practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Bridgewater, NJ.
See Bridgewater Orthopedic Surgeons.