Dr. James Tozzi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

October 28th, 2016
Almost Patient
I almost made a appointment for my sister who need bilateral knee replacements, but I thank the Lord that I had sense enough to read the horrific reviews from other people that had bad experience with this doctor, please people the reviews speak volume, run for your life, if you are looking for a compassionate, caring & experience Orthopedic Surgeon look up Dr. Andy Engh at Mount Vernon Hospital at telephone # 703- 664-7493, he will treat you with respect. I appreciate everyone who spoke out regarding getting their experiences I think Dr. Tozzi, again, people , run, run, run, we are all made in the image of God, we don't need a doctor that is unwilling to listen to his patients, there is only one God, not many, we all need to be treated with respect. Jesus loves you all with a everlasting love, we are all valuable to Him, know your worth, don't let no man tell you anything different. 🤗🤗😏

October 28th, 2016
Dr Tozzi is very professional doctor and I would refer a friend or loveone to him

June 23rd, 2016
lab Associates
If you are overweight with a problem don't waste your copay or time with his arrogant person..

April 11th, 2015
He was very direct with a dry sense of humor. I felt very comfortable with him. He spent time explaining my diagnosis - he was clear and answered all my questions.

January 20th, 2015
Rude doesn't look at MRI results or Xrays smells of alcohol.
Not a good doc at all very rude and misdiagnose me. Don't go. Reported twice.

November 30th, 2013
patient
I am very pleased with the hip replacement provided by Dr Tozzi. The pain management went smoothly. Transitioning from hospital to inpatient rehabilitation center went well. I expect a full recovery.

September 12th, 2013
A very well and respected physician.
I had arthiritis in my hip when I went in to see Dr. Tozzi,and he removed the arthiritis by giving me a successful hip replacement right away after receiving the correct paper work. DR. Tozzi will not continue giving you pain medication because he said it would only make you addictive to the medication. I now have arthritis in my spine and he will not give me pain medication until after the surgery that he said was very necessary. Overall Dr. Tozzi is a fine Surgeon and I would recommend him to my family and friends.

September 28th, 2012
Spinal Fusion
I had a double fusion and Dr. Tozzi was blunt and honest about my MRI even though I had fought surgery for as long as possible. He minimized drug use, encouraged physical therapy and 6 months after surgery I am pain free. No more leg numbness and no more inability to function because of blinding pain.

September 16th, 2012
He was nasty, did not want to hear the patient discuss their problems because he knew it all. Bedside manner is non existence. He examined my knees in the wrong area and when I tried to correct him he went balistic about who he is and what his job is job is forgetting about the patient had their body and longer than the time it takes make an appointment and get into his iffice.

April 24th, 2012
I HAD MY FIRST VISIT WITH DR. TOZZI, HE WAS NASTY, ASKED ME IF I HAD (HIV), BECAUSE OF MY TATTOO'S. HE ALSO ASKED ME IF I WAS SUICIDAL TODAY, OR MAYBE TOMORROW. DR. TOZZI TOLD ME I NEEDED TO BE AT WORK, I WAS NOTHING BUT A CRY BABY. OH' AND I WAS WASTING HIS TIME. HOWEVER, HE WILL GET PAID FOR EVERY MINUTE HE SPENT WITH ME.THIS DOCTOR WAS VERY CRUEL, SO I OFFERED TO LET HIM TAKE MY APPT. WITH THE PHYCIATRIST. HE COULD SURE USE IT. WHAT DOCTOR TELLS A PATIENT, THEY MAY NOT SURVIVE THE SURGERY. DR. TOZZI YOU ARE A JOKE, NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY IT COVER. YOUR DAY IS COMING, SO HOLD ON. IT'S COMING!

February 3rd, 2012
Poor Bedside Manner and attention to patient needs
Dr. Tozzi, after my surgery became insulting and insensitive to my concerns. Prior to the surgery he was non-committal on my reduction in pain and the success of the procedure. Afterwards, I related some improvement, but still in pain, but he now took position that he had perfomed a miracle and I should be jumping around like gymnast. I no longer have confidence in him or respect his ability to care for his patients needs.

March 30th, 2009
4 joint replacements
I was sent to Dr Tozzi when the head of Orthopedics at my health plan refused to do surgery on me. Dr Tozzi took me on and we came through 2 hip replacements followed 4 months later by 2 knee replacements. He followed me during my rehab time. As a healthcare provider myself, I appreciate quality of care as well as the knowledge and skill of others, in Dr Tozzi I found a bright, skilled and caring practitioner.