Dr. James Tucci MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

July 9th, 2014
Mom
Our Orthopedist sent us to Dr. Tucci for a second opinion regarding my daughter's scoliosis. We went to the Pearl River office, and had no problems. He looked at the x–rays we brought with us, examined her, and determined she didn't need treatment at that time (about 4 months ago) - which is what our original doc thought. I'm actually looking him up again to bring my other daughter for a different issue.

October 18th, 2013
Rude and obnoxious!!!! Rating should be minus 4 stars!!!!
brought my son to er. was told to follow up with an orthopedic Dr. When I called to schedule an Appointment was told he will not "touch" a patient that was already seen by another dr. What about for just a second opinion? I was told that was "exactly" what he does NOT do!!! To top it off, his nasty office person then hung up the phone on me in the middle of a question!!!! Wow and u people deal with children??!!!

May 8th, 2013
short and sweet
I'm keeping this short and sweet. Took my child to Dr. Tucci and he was great, I would definitely recommend him. Just wanted to put that out there for other parents looking for a pediatric orthopedic surgeon. He was recommended to me regarding my daughter's hip problem. Surgery was a success and he was pleasant to deal with.

April 10th, 2013
What a relief!!
My daughter broke her wrist and when I called Dr. Tucci's Pearl River office I was surprised how quickly I was squeezed in for an appointment- that day! Usually, I have to wait for weeks to get a doctor's appointment anywhere else! Dr. Tucci was busy but answered my questions, treated her broken bone, and even made my daughter feel comfortable as she was very scared about getting an x-ray and cast. The office is very nice, the staff were very helpful, and I would definitely recommend him to other parents.

March 27th, 2013
Dr.Tucci
I recently went to 161 Atlantic Ave in Brooklyn. We were in and out with a short wait time but he was polite and thorough . He also was very helpful and patient when it came to treating my daughter. He explained to my daughter the problem she was diagnosed with as well. I would definitely recommend Dr. Tucci to anyone who is seeking a pediatric orthopedist.

January 28th, 2013
Rushed
I recently visited Dr. Tucci at his office on Atlantic Ave in Brooklyn. Because it appears to be shared space, the office seemed very clinic like, but that didn't bother me too much. The wait wasn't long at all to see the doctor. He examined my daughter, gave a quick diagnosis, told my wife and I there is nothing to be done orthopedically and barely gave us a chance for questions. He then sent my daughter for an x-ray. After he reviewed the x-ray he pretty much said the same thing. We felt completely rushed and left with the same concerns we went there with. Then he runs off to the next office. It is honestly a disgrace for someone who works with children. He should be more understanding of a parent's concerns. Even the prognosis paper given to us by the front desk had typos and contradictions in it. He may one of the worst pediatric doctors I have ever experienced.

May 14th, 2012
Stupid Doctor
Going to Dr. Tucci is equivalent to wasting your time and money. He requested that my son take 15 ex-rays and determent that there was nothing wrong with him. Let me add that I was against the ex-rays and the doctor made me feel like I was the idiot until the results proved the point.

July 15th, 2011
Terrible Experience!
Dr. Tucci has some of the worst bedside manner I have ever experienced for a doctor who specializes in working with children. His examination of my child took, literally, under 30 seconds and he could not be kept in the room long enough to answer my questions. He left the room while I was still talking to him! The few times he would answer my questions, he was extremely patronizing. These observations are not based on a single visit but rather six visits. Also, he is usually about an hour late in seeing my child. On a plus side, his staff are very friendly.

June 27th, 2011
Get stuck seeing a resident or intern that doesnt know what they r doing and your lucky if u get to see the doctors face for 2 minutes.

March 29th, 2011
Dr. Tucci should change his profession....when asked to review x ray results he stated that this is not important and patient should wait from Friday until Tuesday because he has more important things to do right now....

August 18th, 2010
He is the best!!! Wonderful doctor. Caring and has a great reputation! He took care of my daughter and was wonderful through the whole process. Her foot has healed well. Excellent surgeon.

June 11th, 2010
would not recommend
after 45mins of waiting, the Dr. had not yet arrived to the office. he was not running behind seeing other patients- he just wasn't there. his office is run out of a dingy medical clinic, demands payment in cash (not CC or check, actual cash), and lobby reeks of urine.