A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Tuchek:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Tuchek is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Tuchek, DO, FACS is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
Education & Awards
Dr. Tuchek graduated from Midwestern University, Downers Grove.
Dr. Tuchek has 41 hospital affiliations:
- Macneal Memorial Hospital
- St. Francis Hospital - Indianapolis
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Tuchek accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- WellCare - 2 plans
- Humana - 4 plans
- Blue Cross of Idaho - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James M. Tuchek practice?
Dr. James Tuchek practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Munster, IN.
Additional practice locations include: Rock Island, IL and Berwyn, IL.
See Munster Surgeons.