A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Tweddell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Tweddell is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Tweddell, MD is board certified in Surgery and Congenital Cardiac Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Surgery (Cardiovascular Surgical Procedures)
- Heart Transplantation
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
- Lung Transplantation
- Myocardial Infarction
- Right Heart Bypass
- Ventricular Septal Defects
Education & Awards
Dr. Tweddell graduated from University of Cincinnati. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Tweddell has 18 hospital affiliations:
- Columbia Hospital, Inc.
- Loyola University Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Tweddell accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 2 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Managed Health Services - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James S. Tweddell practice?
Dr. James Tweddell practices Pediatrics, Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Congenital Cardiac Surgery near Milwaukee, WI.
Additional practice locations include: Madison, WI and Maywood, IL.
See Milwaukee Pediatricians, Milwaukee Surgeons, and Milwaukee Cardiothoracic Surgeons.