A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Tweddell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Tweddell is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Tweddell
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Tweddell Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Tweddell, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Surgery (Cardiovascular Surgical Procedures)
- Heart Transplantation
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
- Lung Transplantation
- Myocardial Infarction
- Right Heart Bypass
- Ventricular Septal Defects
Education & Awards
Dr. Tweddell graduated from University of Cincinnati. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Tweddell has 17 hospital affiliations:
- Columbia Hospital, Inc.
- Waukesha Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James S Tweddell MD is a male Surgeon, has 27 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James S. Tweddell practice?
- Dr. James Tweddell has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Tweddell practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Cincinnati, OH.
Additional practice locations include: Rochester, MN.
See Cincinnati Surgeons.