Dr. James Twist MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 5th, 2016
Dr. That Cares!
Dr. Twist was very kind and helped me to have the laser surgery on my eyes because I have a stigmatize and would have had to wear blended bio-focals which I have not been able to adjust to in the past. That alone makes him very special as a caring doctor because there are not many if any doctors that put their patients needs before cost. But what impresses me about Dr. Twist is that every time I have gone to his office he takes the time to come in personally and ask if I have any questions and he listens, he does not brush you off. He explains the answers in terms that are easy to understand. Then what puts him way above the 5 stars they allow here is that the same day after surgery, after he has put in a full day he called personally to check to make sure I was OK! The medical center had already called to check so I was so surprised that he called. But that is the kind of doctor he is, and he has hired staff that follow his lead and are very kind as well. Anyone of them will help in any way they can and with all of the patients they have they still remember each one by name an have a smile for you.

August 16th, 2016
Was an emergency appointment!

January 27th, 2015
He is excellent at what he does. Very detail oriented and thorough

December 19th, 2014
eahh
Went in because I has having inflammatory issues wearing contact solutions. Nothing serious, but the back of my eyelid appeared to be reacting to the lenses so I wanted to see an ophthalmologist to make sure I wasn't doing any damage. Dr. Twist barely looked at me at all during the appointment while he was talking, which I thought was strange but didn't really care. He told me my eye lids were reacting really badly and he wasn't sure if I could ever wear contact lenses again. He prescribed me an anti-inflammatory eye drop and wanted me to follow up in a week. The prescription had all sorts of side effects and I had a high deductible plan so I really didn't want to fork over $60 so quickly. I went to an optometrist to get another opinion. We switched over to the Clear Care (hydrogen peroxide found in stores) cleaning solution instead of the multi-purpose stuff you typically buy. Irritation went away, have been wearing contacts for 3 years now since this happened, no more issues. Maybe he just whiffed, but he grossly overestimated the severity of my condition without trying simpler, less risky, and cheaper solutions first. If you go to him, I'd seek a second opinion, especially if it's something risky or costly.

October 10th, 2013
Wonderful experience with Dr. Twist and staff
I visited Dr. Twist's office after several visits to different offices. I was very pleased with the high level of professionalism and care. He explained my diagnosis and spent plenty of time with me as we discussed my examination. I purchased eye glasses and later had a minor issue with the frame. I returned to the office and dropped the glasses off for repair. Dr. Twist personally called me and left his cell phone number as a way to contact him. He informed me that he was not satisfied with the repair and replaced my frame at no additional cost. I could not believe what he did and was very excited about his concern and actions. I shared my story with neighbors and friends and to my delight they have also had good experiences when visiting his office. I had no idea some of my neighbors were patients of Dr. Twist.

November 14th, 2012
College Professor
Dr. Twist and his staff are extremely competent and interested in providing patients with answers to questions. I especially appreciated phone calls from staff prior to surgery and calls from Dr. Twist and staff after surgery. Dr. Twist has state of the art technology to assess conditions of the eye and his technicians are very professional. I highly recommend Dr. Twist for preventive care and for surgery, especially cataract surgery.

October 23rd, 2012
Dr. Twist and his staff gave me my vision back. The surgery was a complete success. Dr. Twist is very profesional, and serious, I felt comftortable with him. His nurses Maddi and Steven were very caring and professional too

August 20th, 2012
Excellent care from start to finish--from diagnosis of cataracts through ambulatory surgery center and follow-up. Great continuity of care! This opthalmologist and his well trained staff are consistent, knowledgeable helpful, and accessible throughout the entire process! Excellent results!!

August 8th, 2012
Excellant Eye Physician
I recently had cataract surgery on both eyes performed by Dr. Twist and I couldn't be any happier with the results as well as Dr. Twist and his staff. Everything was done in the upmost professional manner.I would highly recommend Dr. Twist for any optical needs from a routine exam to surgery.

July 10th, 2009
Teacher
this guy is a pro - He did surgery on both of my eyes and my retina doctor, Dr Forgash who is highly regarded in his field, remarked on more than on occasion that the work was just excellent; he is working and thinking all the time, so don't expect him to be all nicey nice; You are paying for his expertise and he is really going to make sure you get his best - he does this with steady professional focus and is not the 'chit chat' type; he is polite, a brilliant surgeon and is very focused on what he is doing. He wont call you back on the phone, or so it appears, but he WILL have his staff call you very quickly. He prefers talking to people IN the office where he and the patient can see each other so thats a working style that again is polite, and professional. I tend to be the type that wants lots of answers - thats best held in the office as he is more than willing to take the time to hear you out on all or any of your concerns.

November 14th, 2008
His office is like an assembly line for an eye exam and glasses

March 22nd, 2017