Dr. James Unti MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 9th, 2016
Disrespectful of my time
Tried to set up an appt for a colonoscopy. I was told I had to have a pre-appointment. They called me to remind me of the appointment 2 days earlier. "Please arrive 15 minutes early for paperwork" (new to this doctor as a referral). So I did. 50 minutes later (35 minutes after the appt start time) I was told it would be at least 15 more minutes. Staff seemed surprised that I felt this was disrespectful of my time. So I rescheduled. Seems to me that if you have the time to call me to tell me to be early, you also have the time to call me to tel me he'll be late. So easy of appointment was good, promptness poor of course, and staff was nice enough but obviously don't think it's these issues are a problem. Even a "sorry that this happened" would have been appreciated.

May 26th, 2015
He is the best I have nothing but good things to say.

April 19th, 2015
The Best Physician .
I am 100% back to my normal active life thanks to Dr. Unti. He diagnosed and corrected what had been a painful abdominal problem for me for years . I'm greatly impressed at his vast attention to accuracy , familiarity with the problem & follow through .

March 31st, 2015
Great experience
Excellent experience during an uncomfortable situation

December 16th, 2014
Extremely kind doctor, took his time and thoroughly explained procedure and answered my questions. He is empathetic. Importantly, he made me feel comfortable, on a very uncomfortable situaion. I highly recommend him.

July 23rd, 2013
Caring
He is very empathetic, patient, gentle and understanding...I would definitely recommend him to anyone...I drove all the way from Indiana and will do it again. Very nice man.

May 17th, 2012
Just Love Dr. Unti!
He's wonderful and caring. Has a great sense of dry humor. In addition, he is very respectful of all those that he works with at St. Joe's. What I like the most, is the time he spends with you; he never rushes you out the door and often escorts you out instead of sending you alone! My incision, looks wonderful! He does a great job.

January 30th, 2012
A godsend to me
These doctors are hard to find..I thank God for putting him in my path. He lets u speak and he explains every detail of whats going on and what his going to do about it. A doctor who cares. I definately would recommend him, even for children.

November 10th, 2010
He is a pleasant, well learned, caring physician. He took very good care of me. I will strongly recommend him to others.

August 20th, 2010
He truly cares and takes the time to listen. Is very patient and sensitve with exams that can be uncomfortable. An excellent doctor and human being.

April 11th, 2010
excellant communication skills. gives the patient all the time they need to discuss their problem. very gental with the exam. very caring and you will not get an infection after surgery. He visits you every day and listens to your problems if you have any.I would refer my children to him for surgery