Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

3.0

Broken bone show details Broken bone
by JC, Salinas on Mar 11th, 2014

I was in a car accident and wound up with Jim Ushiba because he was the doctor on duty at the hospital. When I asked him what he did in surgery, he said "I fixed your ankle". When I asked for further information, he said, "You wouldn't understand". At my first post op office visit, I complained about my wrist. He said nothing is wrong. Subsequent office visits and still complaining about wrist, I called the office several times to have an x-ray taken and was told by the office staff Jim did not think it necessary and besides the doctor did not work on wrists. I finally became irate and demanded he take an x-ray. The results..... A BROKEN WRIST. If you can believe it, I went from April to July with a broken wrist. He then had the nerve to have me go to the casting room and wait for him. I told him that he thought I would let him cast the wrist, he had a rock in his head and to refer me to another orthopedic in the area. He could not think of one closer than Castroville or Watsonville. I subsequently found Dr. Michael Klassen in Monterey [ who is wonderful] and I would NEVER recommend Jim Ushiba to anyone. He is one very arrogant person.

Not Recommended show details Not Recommended
by Ana on Jan 20th, 2014

I Research before going to this dr. and there were very few reviews but they said he was a good dr. I went to get treated by an aquilles tendor complete tear. when I got there he didnt even look at my MRI he said "MRI dont show tears" I was like what?? but I was desperate cause my injury had happened two weeks prior and I just couldnt be with out a treatment anymore. so I stayed with him. Next time I saw him he said yes MRI are necessary after he took my cast off he put me in a boot then I had to start physical therapy ... then after 2 months I went back to him and I asked so are you gonna do a MRI to check the injury heeled properly he said no. and squeezed my calf and said "there´s your MRI" any ways he didnt do surgery and I did cast. but after 9 months I am still not well. I recently consulted another dr. in IL and she said I need surgery because I have calcification and scar tissue. Obviously I am not going back to Dr. Ushiba. He was always in a Rush to leave to the Next Patient and never got back to me when I called to ask questions.

Great specialist show details Great specialist
by Citysearch User on Feb 11th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Excellent ankle specialist. Figured out I sprained the internal part of my ankle from a combo of xrays and MRIs. Nice man.

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com