A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Ferguson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Ferguson is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Ferguson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Diabetes Complications
Education & Awards
Dr. Ferguson graduated from University of Tennessee, Memphis. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Ferguson has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center
- University Of Tennessee Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ferguson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee - 2 plans
- Bluegrass Family Health - 3 plans
- Cigna - 13 plans
- Humana - 14 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James V. Ferguson practice?
Dr. James Ferguson practices Internal Medicine near Knoxville, TN.
Additional practice locations include: Greeneville, TN.
See Knoxville Internists.