Dr. James Sisk MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 21st, 2013
I was treated by Dr. Sisk in the ER of Providence Seaside, Oregon over a period of 10 years for complicated migraine headaches. These have been a chronic condition and I had been treated in various ERs and by various Physicians for over 20 years. More often than not I was treated with no compassion and as a junkie off the street looking for my next fix. When I was in excruciating pain and to be treated so cruelly to the point where it was dehumanizing was a nightmare that no one should be put through. When i was living in another state and being treated by a wonderful Family Practitioner who knew and trusted me. When he heard of the way I was being treated in the ER he wrote them a letter and I was never treated that way again. Moving to Oregon I was back to square one. I did find a good Family Physician and we had a contract. When the pain of my migraines were excruciating and I had to go to the ER the first Physician who treated me was Dr. Sisk. I was terrified, but he examined me, listened to my history, took time with me and even asked me what they normally give me that would break the pain. Whenever I saw him he would ALWAYS take a moment and touch my shoulder and would kindly reassure me that he would take care of me and not to be afraid or worry. He would always take the extra time, even if it were busy to check in on how I was doing and how my pain was. There were times when I would be seen by other Physicians and would be treated horribly again as if I were a junkie. I would leave in tears, as I was treated as an animal. When I would have to go in and I saw that Dr Sisk was on duty a huge weight would be taken off my shoulders. I was treated for my heart by him also and he always took his time listening and answering any questions I had. And always showed me compassion and comfort me. At the time he was head of the ER and I wrote a letter regarding the treatment I would receive from a couple of Physicians there. The next time I was seen by them I was treated very differently. It is my belief that it takes two things to become a great Doctor. It takes great medical knowledge and it must be balanced with a compassionate heart. Dr. Sisk is an excellent example of this. There are no words to adequately express my appreciation and admiration of this great man. And the world needs many more Dr Sisks!

August 30th, 2009
Dr. Sisk is one of the very best
Dr. Sisk is one of the very best doctors I have ever had to see. He is intelligent and very caring at the same time. He has been my emergency room doctor for many years and has had to see almost all of my 8 children for one emergency or another. He is excellent at what he does and can figure a problem out very quickly and knows what to do about it very quickly too! He is not the "rushy rushy" doctor who makes you wonder if he heard anyting you were saying or not...he actually listens to what you are saying and responds in a way that lets you know he did hear and understand what you just said and he will help you with your problem without rushing you out the door as many doctors do. Dr. Sisk is an outstanding doctor!