Dr. James Vahey Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Vahey?

Hand treatment

Posted on August 12th, 2017

I was treated for Dupuytren's Contracture with Xiaflex injections by Dr. Vahey and the results were a complete success. My experience at the office from first visit through the treatment was a pleasant one. Dr Vahey, his staff, the hand therapists and their assistants all were friendly, very helpful and professional.

A Caring Doctor

Posted on September 4th, 2016

Dr Vahey takes time to get to know his patients and their problems. He explains processes to correct the problem thoroughly. His office was great about getting me in as soon as possible and was quick at completing necessary paperwork so I could get on the way to healing. Appointments were flexible enough to take my work schedule into consideration.

If you're workers comp beware and ask for someone else or get an attorney

Posted on October 9th, 2014

My company sent me to Dr. Vahey for a workers comp issue. In the office he told me I appeared to be injured at work and that he would ask my company's insurance provider to get me a nerve test done, he seemed so helpful and nice.....THEN I get a letter from the insurance provider saying Vahey told them he thought my injuries were not related to the job but a previous job I had, this was a complete contradiction he was basically saying I had carpel tunnel but did not cause it was from my previous line of work...if I have carpel tunnel I have carpel tunnel Mr "Einstein" Vahey. I got an attorney, and when contacting them many of them did not have good things to say about him. My attorney wanted his notes but Vahey refused to give them to me and said my attorney needed to subpoena them. He also saw me as a "consult only" referral and without testing could not have known the full extent of my injuries, no MRI or EMG. It's been months and I still have severe pain in my hands and poor finances to fix them all because he wanted to keep my company happy. I hope you sleep well at night Dr.Vahey knowing that it's too painful for me to sleep most nights!

Worker's Comp Doctor

Posted on April 6th, 2013

Great Doctor, but if it's a worker's comp claim, he sides with the insurance company 100%

Exceptional

Posted on March 25th, 2013

I had cut off two fingers with a tablesaw. The bone in my middle finger was completely destroyed. He told me he was going to rebuild my finger with bone from my wrist. He asked me what was the most important thing I did with my hand. I told him I was a guitar player. He rebuilt and shaped the finger so I could continue to play guitar. That meant the world to me, and I will never forget his concern and talent.

The best doctor I've ever seen.

Posted on February 19th, 2013

He has a superb reputation. He is highly qualified and clearly is a master of his field. He is very nice and spent a lot of time with me. He explained things in a way that I could understand. I had a bad problem that needed surgery. His surgery was great. My hand is great. I highly recommend Dr. Vahey for any problem with the hand or arm.

Posted on May 15th, 2012

Returned me to work 3 weeks after surgery withextreme pain and discomfort. Most patients with this surgery are out 6-8 weeks. He sited Worker Comp. Didn't feel like he was watching out for my best interest .

Visit quality

Posted on May 1st, 2012

This a doctor's doctor- who does honor to his profession. Highly knowledgable, co- mmunicates well with the patient and makes you feel he understands your concerns comncerns and works with them.

Posted on April 15th, 2012

Awesome doctor.

Excellent Physician

Posted on November 8th, 2011

I've seen Dr. Vahey for over ten years for basilar joint arthritis of my thumbs. He is friendly, communicates well and does not make you feel rushed. I trust him implicitly with his knowledge of complex hand issues. His staff is great; they make you feel as though you are their only patient. I would highly recommend Dr. Vahey with the Hand Center of Nevada.

ok

Posted on June 30th, 2011

dr.vahey maybe a good doctor. he spent time with but fast to say he that i was ok. he maybe good for someone but not for me.

Posted on June 11th, 2011

Dr. Vahey and his entire staff were great. I would would highly recommend seeing him with any wrist injury.