Dr. James Valek MD Patient Reviews

• 8 reviews

November 3rd, 2015
Great doctor, he actually cares abort his patients.

May 25th, 2015
Not a thorough Dr. I could have died
I had been seeing Dr Valek for 8 yrs. I felt he was never thorough and was always yawning and sleepy during our visits. I switched Drs and found out I had a 6cm abdominal aortic aneurysm that was found by the new Dr simply by listening to my upper abdomen with only a stethoscope! I could have died from it rupturing if I stayed with Valek and I literally saw him months before! Fortunately I had it repaired thanks to listening to my daughter and switching Drs. She used to go to him as well!

May 17th, 2013
Excellent Care
I am so happy I found Dr. Valek and his associates. Everybody is so nice, compassionate and friendly. The nurses and office staff are wonderful. Dr Valek and Elizabeth (nurse practitioner) are so attentive and compassionate. They take their time and explain things so well. I previously was seeing a doctor who did not listen to my symptoms and do the right testing. For 8 years, I was told I was fine. I came to Dr Valek's office in a very bad way. I was really sick. He and Elizabeth found my problem after the FIRST visit. My condition is life-long and serious. I get sick often. The people at Dr Valek's office ALWAYS make sure to get me in ASAP and I trust the care I am receiving. They literally saved my life! I would recommend them 100%!!

May 24th, 2011
Dr. Valek Rocks
I generally go to see Dr. Valek but I've actually grown to really like his associates as well. The advice I was given about weight loss and encouragement to quit smoking have been very helpful. There is a personal feel to this office that makes me feel quite comfortable and when I am REALLY sick they can usually squeeze me in last minute. That never happened with my old doctor. I've been going there for about 7 years now and I love it. I highly recommend Dr. Valek and Dr. Bhattacharra (spelling?).

October 28th, 2010
Dr Valek
I have recomended all of my family and as many friends as possible to Dr Valek.Dr Valek takes the time to listen to why you are there for an appointment,he explains why he is ordering whatever he feels you need to have or what prescriptons he is giving you and why you need to have them. He returns calls ASAP and never makes you feel like you aren't just as important as the next person no matter what your reason for coming to him is. He will readily suggest specialist if he feels they can handle your illness or problem better than he, it's all about his patients, not him.Even if he is not available his staff always tries to accomadate you with one of the nurse practioners or another doctor working at his office. He and his staff are wonderful. I hope he always stays this way.

August 20th, 2010
Decent doctor if you don't mind waiting 45 minutes and being treated like a number.
Doctor's Response

I'm sorry if I kept you waiting. I do spend a lot of time with patients. I'm very surprised by the comment about being treated like a number. I think our practice is known for its caring for each patient.

March 26th, 2010
preformed tests wrong, missed very critical illness for years

August 10th, 2008
My daughter, husband, and I all see Dr. Valek. He is a great listener, very patient, and interested in our overall well being. You could not ask for a better doctor!